• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gore Mountain 26 - 28 January

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
Just booked a place up at Gore, three dads and five kids between 12 and 18.

Last year at the Mid-Atlantic Gathering, the conditions were so poor at Timberline (which we'd booked in Octoberish), we nearly punted and went to Gore instead (never been). Gore is so easily accessed thanks to its proximity to the New York State Thruway, I figured I'd mention it here in case my fellow Pugslies would like to meet up! Nice pool table in our rental. I'm seeing very reasonable rates on airbnb and vrbo, and the lift tickets are inexpensive, too.

Anyone want to try and meet us up there?

Aaron

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
Just booked a place up at Gore, three dads and five kids between 12 and 18.

Last year at the Mid-Atlantic Gathering, the conditions were so poor at Timberline (which we'd booked in Octoberish), we nearly punted and went to Gore instead (never been). Gore is so easily accessed thanks to its proximity to the New York State Thruway, I figured I'd mention it here in case my fellow Pugslies would like to meet up! Nice pool table in our rental. I'm seeing very reasonable rates on airbnb and vrbo, and the lift tickets are inexpensive, too.

Anyone want to try and meet us up there?

Aaron
FYI - Gore is about 85 miles from the NYS Thruway
If you are come from NYC Metro - you need to get off the NYS Thruway (which is also I-87 south of Albany) at Exit 24 and get on I-87 North towards Montreal. This highway is also known as the Northway. About 60 miles north you would get off Exit 23 - Warrensburg. Gore is about 20 miles north of Warrensburg. Gore is very easy to get to.

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
Gore has been firm and fast since the 15 hour Great Thaw of January 12.

dm