• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Good shop in NY/NJ area

Eric W

Booting up
Skier
This is my wife and I first season skiing after years of snowboarding. We were on rental equipment this past season and just picked up our own skis/bindings at end of season deals.

I purchased Tyrolia attack bindings (which were recommended by members on this site over Marker royals) for our skis, but I went to a local shop and said they didn’t have the jig to mount them.

Looking for a shop recommendation In NY/NJ area who can mount Tyrolia.

Thanks,
Eric

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I don’t specifically know if they have a Tyrolia jig, but try Hickory & Tweed in Armonk, Westchester. Great people who do good work.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
In no particular order.

Ski Barn has a few locations in NJ they are a good shop but not cheap. The original location may be the best.
Pelican Ski shop also has a few locations in NJ but the one on Rt.10 may be the better one for tech work.
Mt. Everest Ski shop is another in North Jersey.
High Country Sports also on Rt. 10 in NJ

Good Luck. All should be found by their web site.

TS
Eric W

Eric W

Booting up
Skier
I actually found a nice family run shop called the Sport Spot in Shrewsbury NJ. I’ve past by it a million times but didn’t realize they had a ski department.
I received my bindings in the mail late Friday night and they mounted them Saturday morning while I waited so I can go skiing on Sunday!

Attachments

• DACCBFD7-9816-407E-ABC1-5A5F4B904FB7.jpeg
    DACCBFD7-9816-407E-ABC1-5A5F4B904FB7.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 11

Uncle-A

Skier
I actually found a nice family run shop called the Sport Spot in Shrewsbury NJ. I’ve past by it a million times but didn’t realize they had a ski department.
I received my bindings in the mail late Friday night and they mounted them Saturday morning while I waited so I can go skiing on Sunday!
I forgot about "The Sport Spot" I have done business with them with mixed results. Some time ago I purchased boots from them and have not purchased anything from them since.

You have one of the locations for Ski Barn about a block away on the opposite side of the street.

Uncle-A

Skier
I forgot about "The Sport Spot" I have done business with them with mixed results. Some time ago I purchased boots from them and have not purchased anything from them since. You have one of the locations for Ski Barn about a block away on the opposite side of the street.

TS
Eric W

Eric W

Booting up
Skier
I forgot about "The Sport Spot" I have done business with them with mixed results. Some time ago I purchased boots from them and have not purchased anything from them since.

You have one of the locations for Ski Barn about a block away on the opposite side of the street.

Ski barn is Shrewsbury was already in patio furniture mode and had to have the jig delivered from one of the other ski barns. It was going to take a couple of days to mount the bindings

Sponsor

Staff online