• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Good news, I'm only mostly dead...

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Dude, you didn't miss much. Ski conditions sucked balls this season on the east coast. Your sacrifice to ULLR should reap dividends and a much better season starting in November and lasting all through April right?

Cheers to the upgraded prognosis!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
What if we changed the title of this thread to, "Good news - I'm not done! "?

TS
Warp Daddy

Warp Daddy

Getting on the lift
Skier
Dig the cherry sunburst Les Pauls. A friend of mine had one with a maple fingerboard. That was many years ago.

Yo Gil ! Part o my rehab is gettin back with THIS bad boy , its a helluva lot lighter than my Les Paul . Makes it easier to heft now. Hahahaha.. Im stuck in my LED ZEP zone right now with this axe
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Yo Gil ! Part o my rehab is gettin back with THIS bad boy , its a helluva lot lighter than my Les Paul . Makes it easier to heft now. Hahahaha.. Im stuck in my LED ZEP zone right now with this axe View attachment 22102 View attachment 22102

Looks good, what guitar is that? What amp are you running it into? Any pedals?

I play a bit as well, cheers!

TS
Warp Daddy

Warp Daddy

Getting on the lift
Skier
Looks good, what guitar is that? What amp are you running it into? Any pedals?

I play a bit as well, cheers!

Yo M. This lil beast is a cheap assed wonder that really deliverd some rich tone ,bought it on reccomendation of my man "Dr Guitar" .. It is an LTD made by ESP guitars in Japan , a try then MUST buy.

I run this bad boy thru a BOSS GT 6 box with beaucoup effects like 480 or so and a variety of amp.cabinet models and then its patched thru a 120 watt VOX amp

Yip i LIKE IT LOUD MAN,like brain bleedin loud . :hail::hail: Ole Pete Townsend's got nuttin on me far as tinnitus bwahahaha

When practicing almost. daily these days ,the Queen of the Hop always yells up to me "Puuulease play thru your headset" .

So what rigs you running with?

Last edited:
TS
Warp Daddy

Warp Daddy

Getting on the lift
Skier
To whoever coined the new title "Good new, I'm only mostly dead...", brilliant!:D
I'm guessing Seg's work, hum, it is warped humor so maybe @Warp Daddy:huh:[/QUOTE

Frankly never saw that flick so was not up on the quotes. But damn ,LUV the sick n twisted humor

TS
Warp Daddy

Warp Daddy

Getting on the lift
Skier

Frankly never saw the flick ,so not up on the quotes,but Luv the sick n twisted humor :golfclap:ogwink

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Yo M. This lil beast is a cheap assed wonder that really deliverd some rich tone ,bought it on reccomendation of my man "Dr Guitar" .. It is an LTD made by ESP guitars in Japan , a try then MUST buy.

I run this bad boy thru a BOSS GT 6 box with beaucoup effects like 480 or so and a variety of amp.cabinet models and then its patched thru a 120 watt VOX amp

Yip i LIKE IT LOUD MAN,like brain bleedin loud . :hail::hail: Ole Pete Townsend's got nuttin on me far as tinnitus bwahahaha

When practicing almost. daily these days ,the Queen of the Hop always yells up to me "Puuulease play thru your headset" .

So what rigs you running with?
So, the axe is an Ibanez RG, it sounds really nice on the bridge pickups. Much more rounded but less of a rocker on the neck pickup:

20170409_102356.jpg
20170409_102331.jpg

Pedals: A Behringer Wah--Wah, a crunch distortion (Joyo Ultimate Drive), as fuzz distortion (Donner Giant Metal), and a silencer (also Donner), because when I couple the two it gets ambient noise (humm) filtered in:

20170409_102439.jpg

The amp is the thing I want to address, mostly because my son is 14 and is playing drums beautifully, so we jam a lot, which I love beyond words:

20170409_102519.jpg

It is a decent ~ 15W solid state. I want to get a tube amp, perhaps one of these Bugera's with a technology (Infinium) that seems to even out wear and tear in the actual tubes ... and there is nothing like the richness of a tube amp's sound.

According to my son, my "default sound" is Metallica (quite an honor to hear that). We also do funk/rock when jamming ....

Last edited:

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Sorry, I didn't mean to be dry but I hate typing on a phone. I uploaded the pics first from the phone, and the text later from a real keyboard :) So now you can see a bit more description. I envy you on that ESP. Kirk Hammett uses ESP's, right? I must be one of the few people who plays the guitar (to be sure, I am not good at all, it has always been a side thing) and actually likes Kirk. He'll miss notes all the time, he'll make all those silly mistakes, but he plays with a soul. Same goes to Angus Young. I'll take them a million times over a technical marvel playing with no soul.

Small world: that piano in the background is also Japanese. It sounds amazing. Full upright. We got it used, for next to nothing (for piano standards), in a shop in Berkeley. The sales people all play jazz like there is no tomorrow. The owner saw me walking around in the "cheap" part of the shop with my daughter (9 at the time - she is the player); He points to it, and says "this one". He sits down and completely destroys the thing, amazing round sounds. We ordered it, and it completed the living room the next week.

Last edited:
TS
Warp Daddy

Warp Daddy

Getting on the lift
Skier
I am one of those weirdos who prefers to play by ear now . Being an intuitive type , I suck but am a legend in my own mind hahhaha . I play with my sons and grandsons now all of whom play guitar well and one is also a drum monkey .

I was classically trained on several instruments , played in college but took up guitar ( no lie ) because i was a cheap ass :roflmao:who was easily bored with pt for my first broken wrist from skiing.

The pt routine was meh and i figured being ADHD hahahah i could have more fun and achieve the desired ROM on the wrist too if i i started playing the guitar seriously . Told ya i am a weirdo :pug: .

So off i went and bought my fist bunch of guitar stuff and got hooked bigtime . Now its a daily thing with me . Been playing almost 25 yrs and still have a helluva lot of fun . It helps that i taught most of the law enforcement types in town at the college i worked at for years. Ahhahahha so no noise complaints :ogcool:.

Looks like you have a fun set up too and your daughter will be well served by that piano . MUsic is a wonderful therapy for the often grinding pace of life people have these days ... Have fun !!

TS
Warp Daddy

Warp Daddy

Getting on the lift
Skier
Update : had 6 week ck up , all xrays show solid implant, properly aligned with no issues . Now driving snd walking 8 blocks a day with cane. Go to pt 3 times a week going well.in addition to beaucoup exercises and stretch am doing two machines for 30 minutes . I am now able to sleep on both sides in a bed ,no longer limited to sleeping on my back .

Best of all that damned fissure that was intensly painful for 8 hrs a day has healed after botoxing and a 200 dollar salve that my damned insurance refused to pay ( bastards):cool:. So life is better .

As far as golf is concerned ,Doc says i can use my irons and wedges in the late summer , no silly stick till nect season tho . These reconstruction surgeries take longer to rehab than a first instance surgery But. The good news is i am on pace with the weekly goals for 7 weeks FOR FIRST INSTANCE SURGERIES in terms of what i am able to do .

so far so good :roflmao:

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Update : had 6 week ck up , all xrays show solid implant, properly aligned with no issues . Now driving snd walking 8 blocks a day with cane. Go to pt 3 times a week going well.in addition to beaucoup exercises and stretch am doing two machines for 30 minutes . I am now able to sleep on both sides in a bed ,no longer limited to sleeping on my back .

Best of all that damned fissure that was intensly painful for 8 hrs a day has healed after botoxing and a 200 dollar salve that my damned insurance refused to pay ( bastards):cool:. So life is better .

As far as golf is concerned ,Doc says i can use my irons and wedges in the late summer , no silly stick till nect season tho . These reconstruction surgeries take longer to rehab than a first instance surgery But. The good news is i am on pace with the weekly goals for 7 weeks FOR FIRST INSTANCE SURGERIES in terms of what i am able to do .

so far so good :roflmao:

How about rabid, noisy, distorted, furious rock and roll guitar playing? Do they object to that? Way to go mah man!