• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

FX95 HP Binding Mount Location

Trip

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Howdy,

First post here on the forums.

I'm coming from an '07/08 Dynastar Legend Pro in a 186. I tend to prefer even fore/aft camber. I'm about to mount a pair of 189 Kastle 95HP's as their replacement. Despite being 3cm longer, they appear 5-10mm *shorter* in cambered running length, most of that lost up front. They demo'd fairly well (I presume at factory center), but even so I'm thinking I may mount them 5-10mm back. For anyone who has them as a daily driver, what's your opinion? Do you wish you had a bit more contact forward of your toes, enough to mount a bit back if you had it to do all over again?

Thanks in advance for any input,
Trip

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Trip ....welcome !

IMHO - if the skis are already yours go with attack demos.
Mount them up on the line and if you feel you need to adjust them just do it with your fingers. No tools needed

Their demo interface is easy, peasy to adjust for personal preference fore and aft and good for any boot changes down the road.
Personally, I find them solid performers.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Unless you are a really big guy..I wouldn't go back on these. At the line should be darn good. @Drahtguy Kevin to the white courtesy phone.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m about 215 lbs and skied the FX95 on the mount point. Felt good to me. An Aaatack 13 demo binder would solve many mount-point concerns. @Philpug, you know anyone selling Aaatcks?

TS
T

Trip

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Thanks for the replies guys. A demo binding is an interesting idea, though I never met one I've liked as much as a P18; Attack included. So P18's it will probably be, but I think I'll stay at or very close to center. Thanks again. Pray for snow!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January