• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Long Hair Hippy

Getting on the lift
Skier
Here's the funny thing: They are arguing about where they are on the trail map - pointing, more arguing - to the point that it was starting to make some others uncomfortable. ...As I walked by, I noticed the trail map. It was a map of Breck, not Vail.
That must have been one hell of a traverse down I-70!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Frisco, CO. Headed to Breckenridge on Hyw 9 and it's snowing. A car passes us in a hurry to get to the hill with four pairs of skis on the rack (with the boots clamped into the bindings)

I see that at least once a season on the 3 hour drive up or back here in NC. More often than not it's snowboards and snowboard boots, but not always..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
He's rented two LEFT ski boots!

Had that happen to one of the ski club kids when I was teaching. Fortunately, spotted it and sent her back before we rode up that afternoon. Friends of mine worked on the rental shop. We all had a good laugh wondering which kid was still out there skiing in two right boots all night hahahaha..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I saw a pair of those same pants on eBay and considered them. Optional fanny pack wasn't available so I passed.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
We had a large Jewish youth group at our Mtn Sunday. Great group of kids, they had kosher food shipped in for lunch and dinner and made a point to share with some of us. What was funny was the Orthodox youngsters skiing in their very traditional clothing.
th
It was cool as can be to see the guys dressed like this shredding the slope.

LuliTheYounger

I'm just here to bother my mom
Skier
Laughed pretty hard over break when I caught my boyfriend's instructor heading down Home Run at the end of the day - using the slow sign as a GS gate.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
We had a large Jewish youth group at our Mtn Sunday. Great group of kids, they had kosher food shipped in for lunch and dinner and made a point to share with some of us. What was funny was the Orthodox youngsters skiing in their very traditional clothing.
th
It was cool as can be to see the guys dressed like this shredding the slope.

Three or four years ago we came across a small group of Sikhs on the beginner trail at Appalachian. They were having a great time but had obviously gone straight to the beginner lift skipping the magic carpet and any kind of lessons whatsoever. I stopped and spent about 30 minutes helping them learn to wedge and turn a little bit. It was total STOKE watching the smile as they started to get it and laugh when they didn't..

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
whats funny is having a demo day in slush.
It was actually pretty good snow. Surprisingly not much slush at all. It was a great day of skiing. Spent all my time on Stockli's. Also, had to look twice at the lady with beachball breasts and bikini top. Was fake news.

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
It was actually pretty good snow. Surprisingly not much slush at all. It was a great day of skiing. Spent all my time on Stockli's. Also, had to look twice at the lady with beachball breasts and bikini top. Was fake news.
I didn't know Stockli made water skis;)

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
;);) The SR 95s look like waterskis!

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
IMG_2136.JPG

I mean, dang son get yourself some new skis.

ThomasH

Putting on skis
Skier
I had no idea Robert DeNiro was so talented on skis

Attachments

• royal christie reading.jpg
    royal christie reading.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 24

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’ve told this story before, definitely on EpicSki if not here. I was in the cafeteria area at Whitetail taking my boots off and packing up to leave. This young couple sits down across from me at the table to do the same. The gal is complaining loudly about her feet hurting and as she is taking her boots off I notice she has street shoes (docksiders as I remember) on in her ski boots. Her boyfriend starts giving her a hard time about her wearing the “wrong shoes”. He takes his off an he’s wearing sneakers under his. I was speechless which is a rarity. Absolutely true story. I always regret not getting video of that encounter.

Sponsor

Staff online