• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

For Sale Dynastar Powertrack 89 and Speedzone 12

LWSkier

Booting up
Skier
Hi Pugski,

I'm Leavenworth Skier from TGR. I decided to post here to try and sell these skis because the broheimian faithful in my little internet community won't buy anything that they perceive as being "PSIA, NERDY OR NOT ABLE TO SEND IT, BRUH." I personally like a ski that can carve, especially on year like this that has been fairly dry with lots of groomer skiing. So even though I'm a newbie on here, I have 4500+ post on TGR and have always been a prompt and efficient seller. You can look me up on there if you wish. Perhaps if there are any TGR/Pugski crossover types they can vouch for me too. I unfortunately don't have the time to post both places.

All that said, I'm moving a few things around in the quiver for new skis I've got coming.

Shipping is not included in the price. Paypal friends and family or you pay the fees. You can calculate shipping rates from 98847. USPS is normally cheapest but I have daily pickups for UPS/FEDEX also at my work.

I can email pictures if you're interested, just PM me your email address.

Selling:

174 Dynastar Speed Zone 12 with Konect SPX 12 Dual bindings (system). A few superficial scratches. Ripping groomer zoomer. I'm going to bump up to the 182. I think this length is best for someone in the 160 - 180 lb weight range. I'm 200lbs and like a ski that really pushes back since I'm from TGR and we all ski too fast. On smooth groomers they work great for me but I demo'd the 182 and decided that for off-piste skiing the longer length would work better. $350 with Bindings + shipping

186 Dynastar Powertrack 89. Mounted once for PX12 at a 317 BSL. Lots of topsheets scratches, some base scratches. Was my daily driver for a full season. So at least 70 days on them. Still have a lot of life left however. Switching to this years Legend x88. $225 flat, $325 with bindings + shipping.

TS
L

LWSkier

Booting up
Skier
23509183_10155177208137684_7857082289321039720_o.jpg 23511216_10155177208162684_9198800941235789860_o (1).jpg
Here's a couple pictures of me on the Speedzone 12s, to verify they are real and so am I. This was opening weekend at Lookout Pass this November. Feel free to critique my technique. :roflmao:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That SpeedZone 12 is a killer ski.

18-speedzone-12-tc-png.25287
Dynastar Speed Zone 12
Dimensions: 121-72-106
Radius: 15m@174cm
Sizes: 158, 166, 174, 182
Size tested: 174
Design: Carryover

Drahtguy Kevin: The Speed Zone 12 is an easily engaging ski with confidence-inspiring stability. It crosses the fall line quickly in a calm fashion with lots of feel underfoot, but there is a definite top end. Advancing intermediates and above can improve their game on this ski.
  • Who is it for? People wanting to up their game.
  • Who is it not for? Those looking to go mach schnell.
  • Insider tip: Tip it and enjoy the ride.

FairToMiddlin: Dynastar has a great 72mm carver here, with a 15m radius, great snow feel (within shouting distance of the Stöckli Laser series), and even some talent in the bumps. My voice memo on the Speed Zone says “it doesn’t have quite the power of the Atomic Redster, or quite the personality of the Elan SLX, but it has a very nice blend of both.” It also has more versatility than both, although I wouldn’t quite give it one-ski-quiver status.
  • Who is it for? Frontside carvers who want a touch more versatility, without any compromise in trench-laying grins.
  • Who is it not for? Traveling skiers hoping for one ski in the bag that feels great all over the mountain.
  • Insider tip: Like the Redster and SLX, this is a ski you can trust to tell you what’s going on, giving you the data you need to make good choices. In a culture that seems gaga over lightness, it is nice to see skis like this still being made.

Philpug: (from last year) Dynastar has reinvented the Course line and named it the Speed Zone. No, they did not just slap new colors on old skis; instead, Dynastar brought the proprietary construction from its race skis to a consumer level. Powerdrive -- or what Dynastar internally calls “velvet speed” -- is a combination of Visco and Titanal vertically laminated between the ABS sidewalls and the core, giving the Speed Zone a very supple feel on the snow.
  • Who is it for? Hard-snow fanatics who like to go fast.
  • Who is it not for? Slowpokes: this Dynastar wants to run.
  • Insider tip: You want overkill? Look at the Speed Zone 14Ti, which is the same ski but with the R21 race plate. Combine it with the SPX 15 Rockerflex race binding. Say goodbye to your pass.

TS
L

LWSkier

Booting up
Skier
I love them! Just really want to bump up to the 182 for more stability at super high speeds and more length for skiing off-piste in bumps and crud. I would trade with someone who went 182 and wants the 174.

Yes, some TGR dudes enjoy going out and skiing on tech skis in difficult conditions too... not just for Level 3 PSIA types. (I guess I'm ex-PSIA, so maybe that would explain it.)

Sponsor

Staff online