• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

FS: 2017 Volkl 90Eight W ladies skis - 163cm--SOLD

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
$475 obo

The 90Eight is your do everything ski. It's 98 underfoot so it's fabulous in powder and slush but it's got a shorter turning radius, handles hard pack well and skis like a carver. I have too many pairs of skis so just need to thin the herd a bit. These are excellent skis. I've used them several times this season and they are in excellent condition. 133 with rocker in the tip and 116 and slight rocker in the tail and partial twin tips. This is the same ski as the men's model but just with a different top sheet.

If you are looking for a light ski that can do it all this is it!! Comes with Marker Squire bindings.

Make me an offer. In in southwestern CT but love a road trip in the summer so if we're drive able distance than let's meet up. Otherwise Shipping around $40

PM me if interested.

20170423_212202_resized.jpg 20170423_212214_resized.jpg 20170423_212227_resized.jpg 20170423_212324_resized.jpg 20170423_212333_resized.jpg 20170423_212339_resized.jpg 20170423_212600_resized.jpg 20170423_212605_resized.jpg 20170423_212608_resized.jpg 20170423_212658_resized.jpg

Last edited:
TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
They are good. I skied them this past season. I ended up buying a pair of Meier Wild Bill skis that are the same width and a little beefier so i decided to sell the 90Eights. They are very light too.

Feel free and pass the info along if you know of anyone who might be interested.

Last edited:

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Those skis sound really good.
I didn't get to use mine much and I had good natural snow each outing, but so far I'm happy with them. I'm in the 140lbs weight class and for me, what little is lost with the skis light weight is more than gained in the trees, bumps, with end of day fatigue and on the chairlift when not using the foot rest!
Currently thinking If I were to find a ~ 98mm ski I like better next season, I'd probably have a touring binding installed on my 90eight's, put together a "slack-country" set-up ... someone should snag these from her before she has second thoughts;)

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be bummed if they didn't sell. I won't teach in my Wild Bills so if anything I'd use the 90Eights for teaching when the conditions warrant a "fatter' ski. That said I also don't have room for the amount of skis I have so if the price were right..........

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
What BSL are the binding set for? And ... have you had any problem with the Squires being hard to step into?

My BSL is 278. I had one slight difficult moment with the Squires but whipped out my scraper and got off the ice that was wedged on my boot and all was good. The Griffons on my Kenjas are positively awful. Griffons are the worst of the two IMO

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
My BSL is 297 - long feet! Hmmm thinking, thinking, thinking.

As a side note, i have several pairs of skis so none really get heavy use. Plus i take great care of all my skis so these guys are in excellent shape.

Just message me if you are interested. No pressure whatsoever. They are literally just hanging in my living room where they will sit until i either sell them or come winter decide to take them out again :).

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
OK. Definitely inteterested! I can't do anything until after we get back from camping. If you get an offer, sell for sure. However, if you still have them July 3, Bob will totally say yes! I'm buying him a motorcycle for his birthday so he can't possibly refuse me more skis!
IF WE SEE ANY SOCAL PUGS AND THEY BLOW THE MOTORCYCLE SURPRISE ... well, a pox on your house!

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
OK. Definitely inteterested! I can't do anything until after we get back from camping. If you get an offer, sell for sure. However, if you still have them July 3, Bob will totally say yes! I'm buying him a motorcycle for his birthday so he can't possibly refuse me more skis!
IF WE SEE ANY SOCAL PUGS AND THEY BLOW THE MOTORCYCLE SURPRISE ... well, a pox on your house!

My goodness aren't you a wonderful wife. I'm sure Bob will be the happiest hubby ever. I will likely still have them by July 3rd. Shoot me a pm whenever :) i wish i could make it to the July get together as I'd bring them out to you.

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My goodness aren't you a wonderful wife. I'm sure Bob will be the happiest hubby ever. I will likely still have them by July 3rd. Shoot me a pm whenever :) i wish i could make it to the July get together as I'd bring them out to you.
I wish you could come out too! That would be great. As for being a good wife... hell, he's entitled to his midlife crisis. At least he's not trading me in for a younger model! I've been telling him,"No way, No how!" For almost a year! It's killing me, but I can't wait to see his face when I come down to breakfast in my motorcycle helmet! Our son knows and plans to be there! For the record, I'm not choosing the bike. They'll go shopping.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
This is still interesting to me, but ski essentials has them brand new for less. It's the men's version but that's only graphics I believe.
http://www.skiessentials.com/nsearch?q=volkl+90eight

Sorry.

Same ski, different graffics. The $449 ones are demo skis. Not sure why the ladies skis are a couple hundred dollars more. Guess pink's expensive :). The $375 ones are brand new but they are flat and the 2016 model.

You can make an offer on them. PM me if you like.

Last edited:
TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Price adjusted to $460 to match what I have them listed at in other places for consistency. I trust these won't move until the fall. If they don't sell no biggie cause I'll just keep them at the mountain where I teach and use them there for powder/slush days. PM me with any inquiries.

Sponsor

Staff online