• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

FOR SALE- 2016 Stöckli Laser SX Ski 162cm W/Salomon S-lab X12 Bindings--SOLD

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
These are in excellent shape. I'm selling because it's just too much ski for me at the moment so someone else might as well enjoy it.

The Laser SX is a middle ground ski in Stockli's Racing series, designed to get the job done whether you're trying to make slalom or giant slalom turns (it comes in sizes ranging from 154 - 178 cm and radii ranging from 12.6 to 17.3 m). While some other skis in the series are mainly intended for getting in the gates, this ski is intended to get all over the mountain, too. This is much thanks to Carbon Performance Optimizer technology, which integrates carbon towards the tip of the ski, designed for better edge grip and precision on a variety of terrain. The Racing series focuses on race and race-inspired skis intended for carving all over the mountain. Whether you're trying to keep up with Ted Ligety, trying to win your local beer league, or just trying to rip some turns, this series is one of Stockli's best offerings for you.

Asking $599 or best offer. These retail for well over a grand without bindings.

$40 for shipping. I accept paypal, venmo or we can meet in person if close enough.

FB_IMG_1503020766330.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
WOW, this is one helluva ski combo. The skier better be on their A-game and if so he/she will be rewarded with a skiing experience beyond the dreams of Averice. (ST-IV reference.) .

BTW, how much for the "Pretty Woman Special Edition" DVD?

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
You guys are too funny. Pretty woman DVD and Pine Cones NOT for sale hahaha. I might be willing to negotiate on the multi colored bean bags on the second shelf :roflmao:
:beercheer:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You guys are too funny. Pretty woman DVD and Pine Cones NOT for sale hahaha. I might be willing to negotiate on the multi colored bean bags on the second shelf :roflmao:
:beercheer:
What about the sheep on the top shelf? Does it have a squeeker and does it still work?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
To add a little bit more on these skis. I sold the former head of the PSIA Demo team a pair of these. He called the shop to get my cell number just so he could tell me personally that "these were the best EXPLETIVE-ing ski he ever skied in his life"..and if I recall correctly, that call came from church. (that last part miiiight not be totally accurate). This set up is a steal for this price.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
If they were only a bit long. Someone will buy them.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Agree, 110% with everything said, and enjoy the conversation about the possible throw ins!

This is a great ski for the right pilot, for whom this is the right ski. Tremendous ski. Incredible build quality.

And....as @Philpug states, GREAT price.

Somebody is going to be very excited about these!

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Dont sell yourself short. That is NOT a demo binding, even though it is easy to adjust for multiple boot sizes. That is the Salomon branded version of the Atomic X12 race binding. It should also have the 8 position VAR adjustment so you can change the position on the ski? Looks like it is also mounted on a race plate?

PTskier

Been goin' downhill for years....
Pass Pulled
A friend is looking for skis. Her 2015 Supershape i.Speeds, 154 cm, aren't doing the job for her as her ability has improved. She's looking for '15 i.Speeds in a 163 or '15 i.Rallys in a 163 cm. (She was with a buddy who demo'ed 2017 i.Rallys and did not like them; he really likes his '15 i.Rallys.)

Would these Stocklis fill the bill for her?

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
A friend is looking for skis. Her 2015 Supershape i.Speeds, 154 cm, aren't doing the job for her as her ability has improved. She's looking for '15 i.Speeds in a 163 or '15 i.Rallys in a 163 cm. (She was with a buddy who demo'ed 2017 i.Rallys and did not like them; he really likes his '15 i.Rallys.)

Would these Stocklis fill the bill for her?

I defer to @Philpug and/or others to elaborate on this one as I can't say with certainty. Phil what do you think about @PTskier 's question? @PTskier what didn't your friend like about the 2017 Rally?

Last edited:

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
I'm surprised that nobody has jumped on these yet. These are a really great ski, and folks that I know who ski it just rave about it. The ski is exceptional at making constant carved turns, on groomed or hard surfaces, at a decent rate of speed. They like to be driven, with precision.

This model year is when they made a couple of changes that improved the ski for the vast majority of skiers, and I guess as a statement of Stockli's skill, without taking anything away. This is the model year that introduced the carbon into the layup. It lightened the ski a bit, but the benefits as I have been told are that it makes the ski a bit easier to bend into a smaller arc if desired, the tail is a touch easier to release, and the ski is more responsive at a slower speed.

The ski still wants to be driven, and skied with good technique. The tip engages as it should, with the right movement. The ski holds an edge on any surface. It's torsionally stiff. It still has a nice damp, glued to the snow feeling like most Stocklis. But not the damp feeling that some complained about....it's not loaded with metal and very heavy laminated core like the "real" GS race ski, or like the SX FIS {which BTW comes in a much longer length run than this ski}. Not sure why Stockli calls this a SX as it is not a SuperCross ski. But it's much more than a carver.

The generation before this one had two layers of metal, and a slightly detuned core from the real SX FIS. The ski wanted to ski rail to rail in the turn shape that it was built for. I think the radius on this ski is about 14+M. It would not easily release from a turn, and made it difficult for many to bail out, as we all need to every now and then. And with that metal, skiing bumps, variable terrain, and softer snow was all a challenge. PLUS, it wanted to go fast and came alive only at speed. Easier to carve at speeds that most people don't love. But no speed limit.

So think about this newer one, I think it may have one thin layer of metal in it. I'm not 100% sure of that. It tracks as if it does. They sure nailed the layup on this one. It is a better ski at speed than when crawling, but it can be asked more at a slower speed than the previous ski. The carbon makes for a smooth ride, a damp ride, and for some torsional stiffness with little weight. All of that is good. It will release form a turn easier. It will "slarve" a bit easier. And ski a bit more variable terrain.

It still loves to be skied fast, but it can be bent into different shapes, if one is strong and skilled. This one will put a smile on a skilled skiers's face and keep it there.

Full disclosure. I almost bought these for my wife. I made the "mistake" of asking, and she is right. She has plenty of skis. I have two close friends who ski this ski. One is a guy who skis it in the East. One is a woman who skis at Sun Valley. So think about groomers, steep ones, and just skiing fast with complete confidence and authority. BUT NOT needing the wide open space that you need with a GS race ski, or similar.

I own the FIS model SX, actually a pair that has been skied on the SX WC. 193cm, and my guess is about a 28-29M radius. It is the heaviest ski that I have ever owned in that size range. Basically a super damp race GS ski. The ski has no speed limit, at all. It does not need the space of a 35M GS ski. I can't ski it though, unless I have the room and the right surface.

This ski can be skied in a lot more conditions and on regular weekends, with some crowds around you.

Great ski. And the binding is a really good setup. In this country we do not see many Salomon branded race bindings, as the race program here is all Atomic. This is a high quality DIN 12 race binding that has the ability to be adjusted for boots size, and also for the mounting point. It is not some demo binding. A high quality race binding with a human DIN range, and the ability to adjust. IT's the same as the Atomic as posted above.

This is about a $1600 setup, when new. More depending on the actual price to set it up, dial in the bases, etc.

We see members post some really great skis, in great shape, here. I assume that these are in great condition. Sounds like they have had very little use.

This is one of those pairs. Wish I had a home in my family for them. For a high performance premium ski, these are a bargain.

Last edited:

MattD

aka Hobbes429
Skier
Curiosity ... for those who know the SX's well, what weight/height skier would a 162cm be best suited for in the East? I think that may be the biggest determining factor on why they're not gone already.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Curiosity ... for those who know the SX's well, what weight/height skier would a 162cm be best suited for in the East? I think that may be the biggest determining factor on why they're not gone already.
5'7" or below, strong tecnical skier.

Sponsor

Staff online