• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fischer Skis (Curv GT & PMti 95)

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
So this year I have been skiing on Fischer Curv GT and Pro Mountain Ti 95 skis. I have to say that after having been on these two for the season, I am enthralled with them. I have used numerous brands in the past (including premium brands like Stockli, Kastle, etc) and for me any way these two best suit me.

Curv GT - I absolutly love this ski and it maybe my favorite of all time for crushing groomers. I do have them in the 182 (me being 6"-3" and very beefy). I use it the majority of the time here in the midwest where everything is typically groomed over. This ski is damp, damp, damp and just smooths and rides over anything in its path. Edge grip is excellent andthey hold on everything including some typical midwest refrozen shiney stuff. I think it was Epic that said that when he was on them that he would end up going way faster than he thought he should and I concur. I can bend these into the majority of the turn shapes that I want. My only slight complaint is that you do have to be on these and drive them. If you get back they can give you a spanking. My only very slight improvement, for here on my home (200' vertical hill) would be to have a little more sidecut to them, however on other areas around me this things rock.

Pro Mountain Ti 95 - As above, I really do like these skis for everything else but maching down groomed runs (although they will do that as well). I use these whenever the snow starts to get a little 3-D, or when I was out in Colorado last year. Unfortunatly I have only had them on in new snow up to about 6-9 inches. I run them in a 186 length. As with the Curv, this skis is also very damp and love the feel of these skis. Edge grip on them is also fantastic and have not had any issues with them not holding on any snow. As a side note, I was skiing Kastle MX 84's until I got on these I switched that day and have been using the PM's or the Curv's since. I find that they still do best when driven, however they are still very forgiving and don't spank as hard as the Curv's when things I really, really like these skis as well and they are very compatable with the Curv's

Just another quick side note, I do ski both of these just a touch forward of the mounting line, about +1.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I played around a lot with finding the perfect amount of delta for my The Curvs with the race plate and Z17 bindings. I settled on a place with the toes just a bit lower than on the GTs. I kept feeling that as you said, you had to really stay on top of the GTs. Funny thing is that since I got my Ranger Free boots, I feel like the Curv GT is pretty mellow to ski on all day. I've been on them just about non-stop for a month since I've been skiing the new boots most days. Not sure if it's a difference in the stance of the boot, or if the grip walk sole makes a subtle adjustment to the boot's ramp. Part of me wants to get a pair of Fischer Race plates and put them on the GTs, kinda turn them into a GTR and see what happens.

TS
Michael Kane

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
Interesting. My normal boot is a Technical Mach 1and I really don't have a issue driving the GT's. How ever one night I tested out a pair of Rossignol boots and had all kinds of issues

HeluvaSkier

Reality Check Writer
Pass Pulled
It could be the softer boot takes some of the reactivity out of the ski. I know my fischer SLs are a different animal when I’m in my 160 boot versus my 140 boot.

TS
Michael Kane

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
Was out last night with a friend who is on Head Supershape i.Speed's. We switched skis last night and I had a hard time getting him to give them back.

HeluvaSkier

Reality Check Writer
Pass Pulled
Was out last night with a friend who is on Head Supershape i.Speed's. We switched skis last night and I had a hard time getting him to give them back.

This happens to me every time I let someone borrow one of my Fischers. The last guy not only wouldn't give them back for the rest of the day, but went home, sold his entire Rossi quiver and ordered a full quiver of Fischers.

TS
Michael Kane

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
This happens to me every time I let someone borrow one of my Fischers. The last guy not only wouldn't give them back for the rest of the day, but went home, sold his entire Rossi quiver and ordered a full quiver of Fischers.
That is what happened to me a couple of years ago.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, it's a matter of taste. I don't think Fischer builds a ski that DOESN'T carve. My Ranger 115s tear up groomers, even thought that isn't what they are primarily designed for.

Not everybody's cup of tea, but I happen to love that characteristic. I half-jokingly tell people that I've been at this sport long enough that I can skid any ski any time if I have to, but you can't (or I can't) make a clown shoe ski carve. :)

Sponsor

Staff online