• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Tremblant?

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Yes, it's a bit old. I still find S.M.'s skiing inspiring.

TS
Mendieta

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Here is a nice one I found the other day. I like the fact that they present a lot of drills in one video, and they explain the main reason for each.

Myles

Putting on skis
Skier
I have spent some time in the evenings this past month or so watching a lot of ski instruction videos, including pretty much every one listed in this thread. I love watching the Ballou and Beaulieu, as they make everything look so effortless, and enjoy Josh Foster's super-positive and relaxed attitude. Can't say that I have not also enjoyed and benefited from watching some of Harald Harb's videos as well. For the complete package, however, the Ski School by Elate Media is nice as it is full of drills and folks like my wife, who has only been on skis for a couple of years, can see the future, so to speak, through the nice progressive sequence, and she has also fallen in love with Lito Tejada-Flores Part 3, and his corny yet sincere meditation on 'Why we love skiing'.

I have also recently stumbled upon the Warren Smith Ski Academy, which is also shows a nice progression and tackles things like strategy off-piste, that I find helpful.

Started watching the Avoriaz ski school last night, between innings in the baseball game, and it seems to have potential as well.

I know that none of this beats taking lessons, but watching these videos is a great way to get tips from a wide range of experts, all of whom focus on slightly different aspects of the same things (edging, balance, fore-aft movement, etc.), have their own unique style, and often provide me with little epiphanies about things that I ought to do a little differently.

TS
Mendieta

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
and she has also fallen in love with Lito Tejada-Flores Part 3, and his corny yet sincere meditation on 'Why we love skiing'.

:) Frankly, I love Lito's "private lesson" videos, all three of them, in many ways. He drives you through the different drills naturally, particularly in his first video of the series, and pretty much everything he says is central to what instructors have said to me, in person, or in other shorter videos. I think the helps you "think ski". And I totally agree, you are not replacing one-on-one instruction. But you are making very good use of your time off the slopes :)

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I have spent some time in the evenings this past month or so watching a lot of ski instruction videos, including pretty much every one listed in this thread. I love watching the Ballou and Beaulieu, as they make everything look so effortless, and enjoy Josh Foster's super-positive and relaxed attitude.
I know that none of this beats taking lessons, but watching these videos is a great way to get tips from a wide range of experts, all of whom focus on slightly different aspects of the same things (edging, balance, fore-aft movement, etc.), have their own unique style, and often provide me with little epiphanies about things that I ought to do a little differently.

Glad you like our Canadian level 4's. JF is out of Mont Ste Anne and I'll probably see him the first of December at convention.

Myles

Putting on skis
Skier
:) Frankly, I love Lito's "private lesson" videos, all three of them, in many ways. He drives you through the different drills naturally, particularly in his first video of the series, and pretty much everything he says is central to what instructors have said to me, in person, or in other shorter videos. I think the helps you "think ski". And I totally agree, you are not replacing one-on-one instruction. But you are making very good use of your time off the slopes :)

Yes, I too am a fan of all of Lito's videos. His patient, complete, and detailed explanations of things from edging to moguls and powder are incredibly helpful and demystify a lot of the essential elements of skiing. And, his presentation is just so zen-like.

Myles

Putting on skis
Skier
Glad you like our Canadian level 4's. JF is out of Mont Ste Anne and I'll probably see him the first of December at convention.

I have been out to Mont Sainte-Anne a number of times the past few years and have always hoped to see JF zipping about as he does in his videos. Alas, no such luck. Maybe this year.

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
My learning style tends towards thinker/doer, so the stuff I watch is primarily for building stoke. Along those lines, I really like BOA, License to Thrill, and Claim! \o/

Stacks

Stacks
Skier

I don't want to become a figure of fun on this esteemed board but those Debra Armstrong coaching U10 vids are pretty good. Such an amazing, passionate and clearly articulate teacher. Have to be for U10s I guess. Ankles, ankles, ankles.

TS
Mendieta

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
I don't want to become a figure of fun on this esteemed board but those Debra Armstrong coaching U10 vids are pretty good. Such an amazing, passionate and clearly articulate teacher. Have to be for U10s I guess. Ankles, ankles, ankles.

Thank you. I wasn't familiar with her videos. The moguls one has plenty of good info, not just for U10. Cheers!

Last edited:

Sponsor