• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Father's Day

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I got this for my second fathers day. :) That's my son's footprint (kinda) in yellow.. View attachment 10721
I still have a couple of "World's Greatest Dad" t-shirts with two sets of tiny hand prints on them. 13 year old boy is at scout camp this week up in the VA mountains. I'm taking little sis camping up at hanging Rock State park tomorrow for the third year in a row. The boy likes skiing more and the girl likes fishing and hiking more.

1912133_833553039993569_6643096491532609413_n.jpg

Mom will pick up the scout Saturday and we'll be back home Sunday afternoon.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
USM?
University of Southern Mississippi?
In Hattiesburg? (No snow there.)

I have history at that University.

No, one of the other 'M' states. Maine. It used to be UMPG for University of Maine - Portland Gorham. It was known locally as 'U Maine PoGO'.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Happy Father's Day, Dad! My brother drove my mum and dad up the Auto Road on Mt. Washington today to visit the Alpine Gardens, a favorite place for both of them.

I just scanned these for FB. This is dad and me on the top of the LIon's Head trail on Mt. Washington sometime back in the early 90s. It was blustery and beautiful.

9206 - Dad and me at Top of Lion's Head.jpg

They super-size the cairns up there.
9206 - Dad at Top of Lion's HeadCCI06182017.jpg

The beginnings of the Cutler River.
9206 - Cutler River CCI06182017_0001.jpg

Last edited:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Happy Father's Day.
I have talked to my dad twice in the past few days, which is kinda rare because we both lose track of time.
I need to call him more often.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My Papa flew in to surprise me for my 40th last month. He's a badass on a bike!
IMG_0517.JPG

For Father's Day I got him the gin kit that @SkiNurse introduced me to at Mother's Day this Year. Here he is making it.
IMG_0703.JPG

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
My dad, who taught me to ski, and lots more besides, died in 2000 at 87. Glad he didn't have to see Emperor Trump come to power. (That would have killed him faster than the myeloma did.)

My own son, who is a sweet and talented college freshman, is not talking to me. Hasn't for several months. I don't know why, exactly. He won't say. I miss him. Reached out again yesterday, but heard nothing. Sad day.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Tony you have many ski buddies who equate to bros, sons, and a few fathers:) I gotta believe your sincerity will resolve things in good time.

Sponsor

Staff online