• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Father's Day

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Happy Fathers day to all of the amazing dad's here who've taught your kids to ski, loaded up the car and packed all the gear.
My dad wasn't a skier but he took us roller skating every week, taught me to ice fish, hunt and find my way around the woods with a compass at an early age.

I asked my mom what my dad wanted for Father's Day and she said, He's been wondering if he can get one of your hats.
So I sent him a Pugski hat and a gift card for a restaurant near my sister's house that he likes.
I have a phenomenal dad and I wish I could give him a hug

13495554_10156907620875018_3246916594800637031_o.jpg

Post a picture of your dad, or of you with your kids and celebrate amazing dad's

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Happy father's day to my dad who wasn't skiing anymore by the time I came along, but who is here to help take care of me this weekend :)

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
This slightly blurry image captures one of my favorite moments from 2016 season in mdf's condo at Snowmass.

L-R: myself, mdf, and garyskier with our sons. Not sure who took this shot, but it came out of mdf son's camera IIRC.

LL

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I think he took it with a timer. Thanks for the reminder.

We are spending the weekend with my 90 year old father.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
img260.jpg
My father in the '60's. He passed in 1974.

You know, looking around, I just realized there is no one left from the last generation in both our extended families.
We are officially the elders. That is a scary thought.

The only thing more scary is Mamie and Andrew plan to cooking a Father's day dinner for me from scratch tomorrow. :eek:

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My dad has never been a skier, but thinks it's pretty "cool" that I am. He (and my mom) have always encouraged us kids to just love whatever we want to do in life. dad.jpg dad2.jpg dad3.jpg

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Dad 6-2-1985.png
This my dad and me on my wedding day to Marcia in 1985. It is one of the last pictures that I have of him, and one that I cherish. He does not appear to be happy but he was that day. His somewhat solemn appearance is due to his health -- this was days after a complication from the latest resurgence of his lung cancer. He had a collapsed lung and fluid in his chest and was wearing a chest tube and a Heimlich valve to deal with it. There was, as you might imagine, some 'discomfort.' He had been hospitalized and was given a one day pass from the hospital to attend the ceremony (a small gathering of close friends and family that we put together so he could witness our marriage -- we were not sure that he would survive, and we were sure that he could not travel to, the planned wedding 6 weeks later), an event that he had looked forward to attending.

This photo reminds me of the relationship that I had with him in the last years of his life. I had always been in awe (and somewhat afraid) of him, but began to see him as the great father he was, while seeing and understanding his flaws, when I became an adult. He helped counsel me through a bad (previous) marriage and divorce, and defended me when there was some controversy in the early days of my relationship with Marcia. I learned to joke with him, how to discuss with him as opposed to being lectured by him; I had the opportunity to reconcile those father and son issues that we had, and I like to think that I was a source of some small comfort towards the end. He passed in November of that year, and I think of him most every day.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I'm about to give the old man a call to wish him a Happy Father's Day. Both my parents worked their asses off so I could ski as well as all the other things I get to these days. Thanks.

(edit: meant to add these pictures...)

5806 baptism.jpg
My baptism day. Mum, Dad, me and sister Nancy-Gail.

64b232ec_ConnieBriggs.jpg
Dad at the Inn. (thanks for the memory @Tony S)

8105 Doug graduation.jpg
My brother, me and Dad on my graduation from USM.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
'WHERE'S MY FATHER'S DAY CAKE?? I WANT MY CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Just kidding, got a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake in the freezer :)

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
My Dad holding me - Cave of the Winds. Blue dots indicate the whole family.
Cave of the Winds.jpg

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
My dad died 15 years ago at age 93. It was riding downhill on the beartrap toe pieces of his skis that got me skiing more than 70 years ago. He had polio a couple years later, so we never got to ski together separately, but he seemed always to understand how I became a ski bum of sorts.