• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fast Stik Ski "Wax", does it work?

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Thanks to one of facebook's sponsored posts I clicked into this site. Seems legit. Anyone use it? What do you think?

https://faststik.com

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
What happens if it gets above 32°? I've already had four days this season where when I left the mountain for the day it was over 40°.

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
Ha ha. Bang, bang bang! Therefore it must be the best. Better than Phantom. Better than Zardoz Notwax. Better than the Juice Permanent.

I can't believe the OP is trolling, but who knows. Only The Shadow Knows!
I guess it even tunes your skis for you as well!
She looks very happy. Could this have another use?

TS
Ken_R

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Ha ha. Bang, bang bang! Therefore it must be the best. Better than Phantom. Better than Zardoz Notwax. Better than the Juice Permanent.

I can't believe the OP is trolling, but who knows. Only The Shadow Knows!
I guess it even tunes your skis for you as well!
She looks very happy. Could this have another use?

Geeezus. Im not trolling. Cheesy "infomercial" video aside, does this stuff work?

Obviously it isnt like the Phantom which is a deep, quasi permanent base treatment. At best the product will run off in a few uses. But it might work in a pinch.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I bought some on the recommendation by a friend. Still deciding on effectiveness. By the way, I purchased it on Amazon for less.

Jacques

Skier
Geeezus. Im not trolling. Cheesy "infomercial" video aside, does this stuff work?

Obviously it isnt like the Phantom which is a deep, quasi permanent base treatment. At best the product will run off in a few uses. But it might work in a pinch.

I don't know if it works. Maybe it's like the Metal Jet or some magic stuff you see them rubbing on with a towel at the race starts.
Thanks for taking the rib with humor.

Jacques

Skier
Wadaya mean Jacques?

Gotta' keep it G rated here.
Really though, if Daren Rahls (sp) says it's great..........must be like Sugar Frosted Flakes!

Franzz

Ἀνερρίφθω κύϐος
Skier
I dont eat that shit..;)

Jacques

Skier
I dont eat that shit..;)

You mean sugar. Me either. Just a bit from time to time. When I was a "child" I lived for sugar. Maybe that why I got kicked out of even an all boys catholic school after a few public ones.

Anyway, I don't know if that stuff work. Waxing is a pain, but if it's not broke, don't fix it.

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
Swix F4 paste is pretty damn fast as a quick fix on the hill.
It doesn't last long but it is easy to put a tin in your pocket if your wax isn't working.

CSuarez

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
What happens if it gets above 32°? I've already had four days this season where when I left the mountain for the day it was over 40°.
When ski wax states a temp range, it is referring to the actual SNOW temp... not the air temp outside. FastStik has a range of 32 deg F to -10 deg. F, it's referring to the actual snow temperature. For example, last week I was working a Masters race at Schweitzer Mountain Resort in Sandpoint, ID and the snow was grippy and chalky. The air temp (without wind factor) was around 12-15 deg F and the snow was -10 deg F (minus 10)... snow temp was taken with a laser type thermometer. You can also stick a thermometer into the snow to check its temp... or you can ask a local tune ski shop what the snow temp is since they usually measure it frequently. I hope that helps.

CSuarez

Skier
You mean sugar. Me either. Just a bit from time to time. When I was a "child" I lived for sugar. Maybe that why I got kicked out of even an all boys catholic school after a few public ones.

Anyway, I don't know if that stuff work. Waxing is a pain, but if it's not broke, don't fix it.
I've been using FastStik for several years now. It's awesome! Works remarkably well. I haven't hot waxed my skis for years... it's that good!

CSuarez

Skier
I bought some on the recommendation by a friend. Still deciding on effectiveness. By the way, I purchased it on Amazon for less.
FastStik isn't sold on Amazon... yet. It will be available on Amazon Prime sometime in the near future. The product you purchased on Amazon can't be FastStik.

CORRECTION!! Sorry Dave Petersen, my mistake. It HAS sold on Amazon, just not Prime. It will be available on Amazon Prime in the near future.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Well it was 65 degrees while skiing in the Midwest today and I was flying down the hill. I guess I need to give it a thumb’s up.

asnowmobiler

Advanced Beginner
Skier
When ski wax states a temp range, it is referring to the actual SNOW temp... not the air temp outside. FastStik has a range of 32 deg F to -10 deg. F, it's referring to the actual snow temperature. For example, last week I was working a Masters race at Schweitzer Mountain Resort in Sandpoint, ID and the snow was grippy and chalky. The air temp (without wind factor) was around 12-15 deg F and the snow was -10 deg F (minus 10)... snow temp was taken with a laser type thermometer. You can also stick a thermometer into the snow to check its temp... or you can ask a local tune ski shop what the snow temp is since they usually measure it frequently. I hope that helps.

So wax that is rated for anything above 32* is to be used on Water Skis?