• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fabulous inappropriate gear names

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ya.... the older I get, the less impressed I am by "witty" double entendre.

Some people are easily amused.

TS
SkiNurse

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Ya.... the older I get, the less impressed I am by "witty" double entendre.

Some people are easily amused.
Ha! I am quite the opposite. The older I get the more easily amused about...well, almost everything. Loved my f'it 40s, really enjoying my Filter less 50s and looking forward to how my 60s are going to be! :golfclap:;)

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh be careful what you wish for. It seems that my sixties are over-represented by my lifetime of small injuries showing up and saying “Hey! Remember me? hee-hee.” And when I am feeling good about myself and I am interacting with some fun folks, hearing them say “I wish my parents were like you!” And getting a senior discount when I didn’t ask for it, dammit. And when I am walking through the airport with my skis in my Douche Bag (trademark), just getting dirty looks from all the cute girls. (And knowing that it is a little bit creepy that I am noticing that they are cute...).

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I'm pretty sure everyone knew what they were getting into with the name Douchebag but it's a great way to brand awareness among your target market.

Blizzard are however dirty boys with the Bushwhacker.

TS
SkiNurse

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
And when I am walking through the airport with my skis in my Douche Bag (trademark), just getting dirty looks from all the cute girls. (And knowing that it is a little bit creepy that I am noticing that they are cute...).
Which is another reason to adore you. :beercheer:

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
A friend who was in on the development of the DB gave my wife a ski bag, and the carry on. Her response, being in her fifties was "You're kidding me.....I need a couple of black markers to fix that." And she did.

Coming up blank on other examples right now.

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
71UWv-ICddL._SY355_.jpg

TS
SkiNurse

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
RD's Bad Bitch from The Most Pioneering Women's Skis.

rd-bad-bitch-jpg.30405

RD Bad Bitch
The first chick ski

Step forward into the late 1980s: the Bad Bitch wasn't just a women's ski; it was a chick ski. RD had decided to produce a complement to its top-selling ski, the Bad Dog, and call it the Bad Bitch. Oh, to be a fly on the wall during the marketing meeting when they came up with the name. No, I wouldn't be surprised if the conversation was alcohol-induced. (In fact, my money would be on tequila and the use of the words, "I double dog dare ya.") Was the Bad Bitch actually a good ski? I don't know, and I don’t think it mattered: I doubt anyone bought it for its performance. A woman bought it to make a statement that she wasn't just a gal who skied, she was a skier chick. In doing this, RD paved the way for Armada to name a ski the VJJ.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Not so much the name, but ON3P’s Pillow Fight is somewhat inappropriate. I think it’s still available as a custom graphic.

669EC64D-50E6-4D25-9539-7EE229035134.jpeg