• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ever wonder? - random ski related questions

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I was watching the X-Games Big Air and had a thought about switch landings.. If they land way hard on their tips, would that be a "front seat landing"???

What are your ski related deep thoughts??

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
My thoughts for the day: What is it about the brain that makes one comfortable and competent flying through the air? I distinctly remember flying great distances in the air off natural terrain and off rollers at high speeds. I remember turning into the mountain to get altitude to clear some trees to reach another steep slope further down the mountain (I also recall getting tripped up by those same trees the next day when the snow was slower and doing a few somersaults through 40 or so yards of sapplings). Hitting the "M" jump in the trauma park the yesterday and today, I was rolling down the window.:nono:. I'm getting better with practice, but it will take a while before I get my air legs back.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sheesh. I thought this was going to be an Ode to Powder thread with a title like that.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
My thoughts for the day: What is it about the brain that makes one comfortable and competent flying through the air? I distinctly remember flying great distances in the air off natural terrain and off rollers at high speeds. I remember turning into the mountain to get altitude to clear some trees to reach another steep slope further down the mountain (I also recall getting tripped up by those same trees the next day when the snow was slower and doing a few somersaults through 40 or so yards of sapplings). Hitting the "M" jump in the trauma park the yesterday and today, I was rolling down the window.:nono:. I'm getting better with practice, but it will take a while before I get my air legs back.

Internal gyroscope degrades with age..Probably had to do with the brain rattling around in the skull more as it shrinks. I spent an hour in the trampoline park pre season and it helped some.. But, I know even with five times as much practice it won't be what it was after the third run of the season at age 17.

squill

Getting on the lift
Skier
"I imagine a world when a ski binding falls off the indemnification list—it self-destructs. That way, I won't need to flip through a long list and tell the customer we cant adjust them because of liability reasons. Instead I'll just throw them out the front door and tell everyone, "Hurry, take cover, those M41 Twincams are about to explode!!!"

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
"I imagine a world when a ski binding falls off the indemnification list—it self-destructs. That way, I won't need to flip through a long list and tell the customer we cant adjust them because of liability reasons. Instead I'll just throw them out the front door and tell everyone, "Hurry, take cover, those M41 Twincams are about to explode!!!"

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Internal gyroscope degrades with age..Probably had to do with the brain rattling around in the skull more as it shrinks. I spent an hour in the trampoline park pre season and it helped some.. But, I know even with five times as much practice it won't be what it was after the third run of the season at age 17.
Thanks for that good news! ogsmile I was afraid it might have something to do with alcohol consumption, and I would need to give up my scotch and beer. All I have to do is hit my head a few more times and then brain swelling should solve the problem.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
With some of the older plastics they died about the same time as they came off the list if not before.

Uncle-A

Skier
When I watch the X Games Big Air I think these people are more Gymnast and Acrobat than skiers I am not saying that they can not ski but they are more gifted if the other sports.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Rode the lift with a patrolman today at Steamboat. Radio came on: "we need some assistance finding a snowboard which has become lost in the creek".

What is the story behind that?

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Rode the lift with a patrolman today at Steamboat. Radio came on: "we need some assistance finding a snowboard which has become lost in the creek".

What is the story behind that?
Wrong turn on the way to the rasta shack?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This series on NBC Sports made me wonder, .....
What does a Gold Medal cost for the Olympics?
Does a beginner ski lesson make the kids hungry for pizza....or for that matter, french fries?

Do you ever wonder?
What do you wonder about?

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Why are there random ski poles left around most resorts? Always seems to be a lonely pair or two sitting in the rack with no skis.

Does a beginner ski lesson make the kids hungry for pizza....or for that matter, french fries?

A: Yes! My oldest granddaughter develops a ravenous appetite on the ski slope.

Uncle-A

Skier
With the price of new ski boots at an all time high, why has the price of used ski boots stayed about the same around $50, even if they have only been used for a few days? That includes all performance levels, not only beginner boots.

Sponsor

Staff online