• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dominator Base ReNew vs. Race Service SBC1

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I've used both. No back to back testing. Honestly I think I went to the Dominator last time because it was cheaper. Base wax is the one kind of wax I tend to be generous with when applying, so price is an object there for me.

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sorry I can't answer your question as I use Dominator only. Both are ultra soft base wax and could be tough to really tell which one penetrates better anyway.. Although I don't think Race Service was even around then, but about 10 years ago I was at US Nationals at Sugarloaf and went by the waxing trailers and one tech told me that no matter what wax anyone used , toko, Swix, etc, everyone used Dominator Renew for hot scraping and base prep. Although that may have changed by now, I thought that was interesting then.

L&AirC

PSIA Instructor and USSA Coach
Skier
I've only used Dominator and as implied above, is where I focus a bit of attention. The price is decent but my real preference for it is a like the product line and it is super easy to use. Ease of application tends to mean it will be used. Race Service might be just as easy to use but since I'm already using Dominator and have quite a bit of it, I'm sticking with it.

I'm a bit rigid on my base prep so I don't have to worry so much about going an extra day or so without waxing or if in a jam, I can just rub something on. What I do know, is that even when I slack off, my skis are faster than I am.

Conversation with one of the senior race coaches where I coach on the lift:

Coach - "Why don't you put cold wax on? You'll go faster."

Me - "All that will means is I'll skid sooner."

Rest of the chair - :roflmao:

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
Never used the Race Service. I checked it today and it was less cost than Dominator Renew. Dominator has sold some of there waxes to others to re-brand, but the ones I have seen are equal size. Race Service is not equal size at 450 grams, but who knows. I sure don't.
If you want to try full bore, maybe you should try this one. It's going to cost you though.

upload_2017-9-23_20-50-46.jpeg
http://www.dominatorwax.com/products/renew-race

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-23_20-49-45.jpeg
    upload_2017-9-23_20-49-45.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 5

Sponsor