• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dog-friendly breweries in Colorado

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
After seeing a story in Reno about a bar that was forced to put up "No Dogs Allowed" signs on its outdoor patio, its refreshing to see an article in Summit Daily about Dog-friendly breweries in Breckenridge, Frisco and throughout Colorado
Snips from article:
BRECKENRIDGE
A locals' favorite in Breckenridge on Airport Road, Broken Compass Brewing has become known for not only what's on tap, but for all of the furry friends it always has in its lounge.

FRISCO
Summit County's newest craft brewpub, Outer Range Brewery in Frisco, has also become a new favorite in the area. The dog-friendly location opened in December 2016, and while it also does not serve food — which allows it to welcome pets — it is conveniently located next to Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant. Just like Broken Compass, patrons are welcome to bring food into the brewery.

OTHER DOG-FRIENDLY BREWERIES NEARBY IN COLORADO
(List compiled by TripsWithPets.com, an online pet-friendly travel guide providing online reservations at over 30,000 pet friendly hotels & accommodations across the U.S. and Canada. For more information, please visit http://www.tripswithpets.com.)

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Not indoor dog friendly: all breweries in Denver. Many allow them on porches.

Outer Ranger is a great addition to the scene. Those dudes brew great beer -- much eclipsing other Frisco options.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
NOT Colorado, but these folks need a shout out.

Skookum Creek Brewery, Arlington, WA. After the OSO mudslide in 2014 (where 43 people died) the HQ for rescue efforts was sited next door to the brewery. There were a lot of cadaver and avi dogs involved. The responders worked ridiculous hours and the dogs just as long and hard in the mud. Digging in the mud looking for dead people would be very tough duty, worse than avi by far. The brewery became the unofficial rest area for man and beast. As memory serves, they fed the dogs for free. As of the last time I visited, dogs are still as welcome as people.

One rule they do have, dogs must bring their people.

Support this place if you can. Okay, end of hijack, back to Colorado.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
No dogs allowed inside in Massachusetts, and the rules on the patio are ambiguous and interpreted in a wide variety of ways. Some places its fine, some places you have to sit at the edge and keep them outside the rope line.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Just down the road from my Apt. is Breckenridge Brewery in Littleton. It is a really nice place and it is very pet friendly. Must visit if you are in Denver.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Crazy Mtn in Edwards has a bunch of doggles running round the benches.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Just down the road from my Apt. is Breckenridge Brewery in Littleton. It is a really nice place and it is very pet friendly. Must visit if you are in Denver.

Then you're right by the new Angelos. Lucky. I miss living in cap hill and their 99c oysters on happy hour.

And as far as "urban" wineries go, Carboy isn't bad. Mostly because their grapes are sourced not from CO and the vinification is mostly done in regions with a ton of great winemakers available.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Westbound and Down in The Buffalo @ Idaho Springs. The Scottish Ale is outstanding as is the food.

IMG_8172.JPG

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Then you're right by the new Angelos. Lucky. I miss living in cap hill and their 99c oysters on happy hour.

And as far as "urban" wineries go, Carboy isn't bad. Mostly because their grapes are sourced not from CO and the vinification is mostly done in regions with a ton of great winemakers available.

Yeah, went to Angelo's last week. Awesome place. Loved it.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January