• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Does you shop include a free tune with ski purchase?

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Just wondering if you ski shop does this.

Maybe a discount?

Fixed title.

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
A "good" shop will include a pre tune, check edges, base flat, and wax if the customer is paying the full, zero discount, wall price but wants to haggle some for haggling sake. If the gear is already at a huge mark down all bets are off on extra labor to close a sale..

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Wax? No they offer a very reasonably priced prep package though. Edges and bases checked, they will tune to your specs and wax.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
My most recent pair of skis came from a ski shop through ebay and they came with a complimentary tune of my choice. I had them put a 1-3 on them and they ski fabulously. I usually buy skis this way and this isn't often the case and I usually need to bring them to a shop for a tune before I take them out.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
My most recent pair of skis came from a ski shop through ebay and they came with a complimentary tune of my choice. I had them put a 1-3 on them and they ski fabulously. I usually buy skis this way and this isn't often the case and I usually need to bring them to a shop for a tune before I take them out.

think how great they may ski at 3:1 :)

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Just wondering if you ski shop does this.

Maybe a discount?

Fixed title.

Not the ones I have been too. Just free binding mount and adjustment thats it. Straight out of the wrapper tune. I basically have two soft snow / powder skis in which tune was not bad and really not critical (I did have them tuned many months after purchase) and my hard snow skis (head Monster 88's) I got online so out of the wrapper tune as well. It was not bad at all. They now ski better obviously after a few tunes and repairs (damn rocks!)

Most shops in Denver just do a machine tune to whatever angles they typically do. I guess you have to go to a specific tuner and tell them your desired specs if you want a specific tune. I dont think any of the large shops do a la carte spec tunes.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes. Our local shop includes a full time to make sure the ski is flat and the edges are correct.