• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Does any system "look" binding fit any system ski that has a "Look" track?

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don't know if that came out correctly..lol

Here is what I potentially have. A good deal on a new pair of rossi temptations for my wife. But they are without bindings. They are simply missing (hence the good deal).
This temptation comes as a system ski with "look" Xpress 10 bindings.

What I have found is a similar "look" binding. Its an NX 10. Its new and for a good price.

And so there ys have it.

Will that Look NX10 attach to the system track that is on the ski which was made for the Look Xpress 10?

Also the NX has a din of 3-10 while the Xpress10 is 2.5 -10 which I don't think is an issue.
Other than that the Xpress being on the temptation ski is woman binding but is that really anything of importance anyway?

Thanks

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Pull the plates off and mount the bindings flat on the ski.

TS
Goose

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
interesting. I thought system bindings could only mount (clip into) to the track plates and did not exactly have a flat bottom.

TS
Goose

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
No, you'll need a new binding that does not have a track. Which Temptation is it?
its the T-77 and it normally comes with the Look Xpress10.

I was hoping to find an Xpres10 set or hoping the NX11 would simply clip in.

Most the temptation and experience line come with Xpress and some Konect bindings. I was hoing to find an Xpress 10 or similar Xpress binding that would fit the track for the X10 but no luck so far.

Mind you the whole point of the deal is kind of moot if I have to spend only so much extra to get a binding or have one mounted. I though maybe I can get lucky twice..lol

Last edited:

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
The narrower models come with the system bindings. But why would someone take them off? You need the track to use them again. My 88's came flat and we found some old Rossi Axials for them. Just sold them complete as I didn't like the way the AFD plate was working. And the suckers were stiff! They were the first year model too.

You never know what might be out there on the Net!

TS
Goose

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
The narrower models come with the system bindings. But why would someone take them off? You need the track to use them again. My 88's came flat and we found some old Rossi Axials for them. Just sold them complete as I didn't like the way the AFD plate was working. And the suckers were stiff! They were the first year model too.

You never know what might be out there on the Net!
I suppose the person selling the skis just doesn't have them for whatever the reason I do not know. For all I know they could be a pair of stole skis. But the pictur of them with the plastic still on shows the plate on the ski and not a flat ski. But honestly I am a tad confused and have to look at my sons expeience 80 skis when I get home. I thought the system ski has a plate (or track) that is already on the ski. And then the binding just clips in. That what I recall with my sons experience ski as well as my daughters older temptation 78 skis.

So my goal (for the moment) is to find the Xpress10 binding or a similar one that will also fit the plate/track .. The T77 fwiw I believe only comes system and not flat.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I though about that thread too!!

Usually the stores get the skis and system bindings 1 for 1. So maybe someone forgot to take them, or they got lost. As mentioned there might be something out there on eBay, Kijiji or Craiglist. Never know.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Yep. Unless the glass slipper is found the best option is to pull the plate/rails off and mount new bindings flat.. will have extra holes to fill but that's why the skis are being sold so cheap.

TS
Goose

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
and so.....some weeks later and this whole thing worked out extremely well.

Firstly I misspoke earlier as the bindings for this model temptation was not Xpress10 but was instead the Look Xelium110.

But still had the same issue.

I was in touch with Rossi and my local ski shop but things were not working out due to being a system ski and the price of a new binding was not going to make the deal worthwhile.

I explained this to the seller and he significantly discounted the skis. And then when I went to purchase them the price was even much lower than what he said.
Not being able to get bindings is probably why they had these skis sitting for quite some time.
Then turns out I got lucky again as my local ski shop (of which I am customer) had an Xelium110 (new) laying around in their warehouse and is selling them to me for minimal amount.

So after a lot of emails and efforts and great help from my local shop as well as an understanding seller of the skis we now own a brand new (2yr old 2015/16 model) T-77 for my wife for basically the cost of a handful of rental fees.

And just as an added bonus they are my wifes preferred color scheme among the current and past few year models of T-77's.

Im not lucky much at all but once in a while things do work out :)

Sponsor

Staff online