• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Didn't know how good we have it.

Seahaven

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Went to the Ski the Northeast Facebook page figuring I'd see what was being said about the upcoming storm. Waded for a few minutes through people arguing over politics and climate change and just engaging in general incivility. Then I got out and came back here.
Thanks to Tricia, Phil, and all of the moderators for making this a different kind of place.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Seahaven thanks for the kudos.
We have sincerely tried to create a real friendly environment while not diluting it to silliness.
Balance is key and folks like you are a part of that.
:golfclap:

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was curious so I went to that FB page. What a shit show. Many thanks to Phil and Tricia.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Went to the Ski the Northeast Facebook
your first mistake
page figuring I'd see what was being said about the upcoming storm. Waded for a few minutes through people arguing over politics and climate change and just engaging in general incivility.
did you expect anything less

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thank you for respecting the way we have chosen to run the site.

I have to add, thank all of you, including moderators of course. As the community, you all do a very good job of self moderating and explaining to the people who come in to stur the pot ... "That's not the way we do things here". Some will get right in line, others will never come back, either way it is a win for everyone.

Sponsor

Staff online