• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Read Blinn

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Honestly, check out FreeRide systems if you want a bomber waterproof ski jacket that will last you a long time, made in the USA, and the most personalized customer service you'll ever get. I believe the rep that hangs out on PugSki is @TheBestSkier .

If its good enough for ABC Hurricane crews, its good enough for skiing in the NE.

Also, keep in mind that while their prices on their website may be a little sticker shock -- there are pugskier discounts which bring them down a good bit.

Beautiful jackets. Missing a sleeve pocket, but really beautiful. I especially like the hard shell versions. Malheureusement, they break the $400 barrier, through which I may not pass — not this season anyway.

colospgmike

Putting on skis
Skier
I bought both a Kjus jacket and pants off Sierra Trading post couple years ago at a big discount. Really like them both but would not have paid full price. Only issue I have had is durability on the pants. Got run into at breck last year and had to break out the tenacious tape for a few slices. Thinking ski edges in the tumble. As far as weather very good at staying dry. The jacket is the FRX pro, just a shell. I would buy the jacket again but need more durability on the pants.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm looking at a Kjus jacket (way, way on sale at Sierra Trading Post, or I wouldn't be looking), which uses Dermizax NX. Apparently, breathability isn't about vapor permeability in this fabric, but wicking. Has anybody used a jacket made of this stuff? Comments? I can get kind of sweaty. :huh:
I've had the good fortune of testing several articles of clothing that were Dermizax. I freaking love it.
It allows the material to be waterproof, windproof, breathable and 4 way stretch. At my age, that 4 way stretch thing is great.

When you launder them, do so with tech wash and dry in the dryer without fabric softener. That will reinforce the waterproofing.

TS
Read Blinn

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Thanks Tricia — thanks everybody. Just floated five jackets on my credit card, and all will be returned except for a Gore-tex Pro shell on deep, deep discount. I've been happy with Gore-tex, and Pro's a step up. (Also, the jacket's not black.)

Thanks again.
:beercheer:

TS
Read Blinn

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Sigh:

8c7dbba5746266eb5191a50cdb45ea91.jpg

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Was that the red one?

Close enough. Black with slender red trim. White side panel.
He had it on the first time I meet him at the 2014 gathering.at the bird.

I had few insulated Kjus jackets in the past. They are good for NE skiing. A bit of an over kill for west of the Rockies.
My experience with their pants had been very positive. I have about eight pairs. Their Formula & Formula Pro pants are my favorites. They held up well. I have several pairs with 150 to 200 days on them. A bit faded but no other issues.

Sponsor

Staff online