• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dance Class

TS
Yo Momma

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I tried the simple exercise in the link in the first post of this thread while on skis..... moving and not moving (eyes open).......... all I can say is WOW....... interesting!

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
so i dance, a lot. i teach swing dancing for a friend who runs the local swing dancing venue. i have found that dance has helped me with the rhythm and fluidity of my skiing (in addition to what y'all have said about understanding your center of mass and how it moves). it's also a great cardio workout ;) .

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I think swing dancing would be fun. Not so sure about my husband, though.

The only dancing I'm good at is where there are certain steps and everyone does them all at once. And when I do it, I have a look of fierce concentration on my face, as I'm counting, so it doesn't really look like I'm having fun. We used to dance when we were in the SCA. We both enjoyed that, but me more so than him.

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Absolutely. Dance, done seriously, develops skills used in skiing. After that, it's setting the dance floor on the hill, and thinking of it as just that, a dance floor, so that one doesn't lean up the hill, and one knows exactly in what direction, relative to dance floor and fall line, one is moving towards.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid