• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dalbello

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
What you your general opinions about their boots?

Looking for more specifics?
Narrow
110'ish

But more to the point, it looks like they have some narrow width boots with some nice liners

Does anyone have any experience?

BGreen

Out on the slopes
Skier
If you want narrow, you have to go with the plug boot, which would be the DRS SS for a 110 or XS if you want softer. The numbered boots (e.g. DRS 130) are listed as a 97 mm last, but they are pretty wide through the mid foot and heel. They ski fine, I don’t have much to compare them with. The numbered boots definitely run soft. Overall nice boot. I would say go with a numbered boot with an Intuition liner if you are looking for a moderate performance boot, but really the Lange is probably a better fit for you. On the Dalbello, focus on shell fit. The liners are low density foam, but very thick.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, narrow is all relative. Dalbello may very well have options that would be narrow enough for the OP.

My last pair of boots before the current ones were Dalbellos and I was quite happy with them. In fact, the plan had been to just get a new liner in them but there was a whole saga which you can read about in another thread.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
If you want a 3-piece/cabrio design with a 98mm last and decent buckling system -- they're about the only game in town. Bonus is that many of their higher end boots come with Intuition liners stock.

But it all comes down to fit and then features. I don't understand how someone who's never seen you foot could say Brand X (Lange) is likely a better better fit than Brand Y (Dalbello.)

TS
Started at 53

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I won't be picking my boot, but was just looking and they look good.

I hope I don't get stuck with a funky color

TS
Started at 53

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If you want a 3-piece/cabrio design with a 98mm last and decent buckling system -- they're about the only game in town. Bonus is that many of their higher end boots come with Intuition liners stock.

But it all comes down to fit and then features. I don't understand how someone who's never seen you foot could say Brand X (Lange) is likely a better better fit than Brand Y (Dalbello.)

The liners with the ID boots (I guess they are the intuition liners) makes them look very good. And a less than 100mm width is most likely a bonus

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
So I have low volume feet and was fit into the krypton pro a few yrs ago. I think the last on that boot is 98mm. It has worked out well for me so far. The ID liner that came with the shell really helped also. Besides being low volume, I liked the way that boot secures the instep with strap buckle that directly pulls the instep towards the heel of the boot. I had a lot of issues getting a snug enough fit around the instep and ankles. For me, this boot has worked well.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So I have low volume feet and was fit into the krypton pro a few yrs ago. I think the last on that boot is 98mm. It has worked out well for me so far. The ID liner that came with the shell really helped also. Besides being low volume, I liked the way that boot secures the instep with strap buckle that directly pulls the instep towards the heel of the boot. I had a lot of issues getting a snug enough fit around the instep and ankles. For me, this boot has worked well.
Thats great that this boot has worked for you.;)

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have Panterra's and they have worked great for me. I have the TF liner not the ID and they do everything I need. They are warm and comfortable. You can read a lot of opinions on the TF and why people are not fond of them. All performance related or how fast they are done. I don't know the exact number of days but I have over 140 in them for sure over the last 3 seasons. Panterra's are heavy and now with the new lighter version I will probably go with new boots instead of liners. My only concern is I like the current feel and I'm worried the new ones may react/ski a little different. I know some felt the version I have did not react quick enough to input. Even with the ID.

I have heard a lot of good about the ID's but I know for me wrap around liners wouldn't be my 1st choice.

I also really like the buckle system on the Panterra. The buckle just above the instep really locks my feet in well. I hope the buckles on the new lighter version are as durable.

Are there adjustments on the Panterra that could be considered gimmicks? I guess one example could be their version of canting vs yours. I did have a little canting work done to correct an issue. I can tell you he didn't adjust the cuff.

Phil's post above is so true. They have worked for me. I went to a good fitter. He may even be one of the instructors at the upcoming class in Denver.

Last edited:

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My feet really like the KR2 Cores which do have 98 mm lasts. The pair before those was the Rampages, also 98 mm and my first pair of Dalbellos after years of being a Lange guy. Both with Intuition liners. As for me, now that I have found them, I don't plan to stray from the Dalbello brand.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My feet really like the KR2 Cores which do have 98 mm lasts. The pair before those was the Rampages, also 98 mm and my first pair of Dalbellos after years of being a Lange guy. Both with Intuition liners. As for me, now that I have found them, I don't plan to stray from the Dalbello brand.

There are three words that shouldn't be included in recommending a boot especially when it comes to ones own personal experiences..... I, Me and My.

Last edited:

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
There are three words that shouldn't be included in recommend a boot especially when it comes to ones own personal experiences..... I, Me and My.
didn't the OP ask for opinions about dalbello boots??

in the end though, all the opinions and experiences in the world don't matter. the OP should just go to a reputable boot fitter that they trust and get fit for boots....if they end up with dalbello boots, great. if not, that's great also.

BGreen

Out on the slopes
Skier
One thing I will add, and this applies only to the DRS line of boots (both lasts) is the plastic composite is more rubbery than most boots. On the plus side, this damps snow feedback and absorbs impact and bouncing. On the negative side, it significantly damps the bottom of the turn power and acceleration out of a turn. Whether this is a net positive or negative depends on the skier and the terrain/conditions encountered. Ultimately the boot feels less lively than a comparable Lange or Nordica.

If you ever have the opportunity to see a skier ski back to back on a Dalbello DRS and Nordica Dobermann or Lange (ZB or stiffer) you can see the difference. I won’t say one is better or worse, but just different. All plastics are not created equal.

TS
Started at 53

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
didn't the OP ask for opinions about dalbello boots??

in the end though, all the opinions and experiences in the world don't matter. the OP should just go to a reputable boot fitter that they trust and get fit for boots....if they end up with dalbello boots, great. if not, that's great also.

@Mrs. 53 and I have an appointment setup with a boot fitter, I was asking as Dalbello is one of the boot brands he carries and was researching the brand. I saw a lot of things I liked. Of course the bootfitter will choose the boots we get. Nice thing about this bootfitter, IF he does not carry the boot he thinks you need, he sends you out to buy the one you need and then he will customize it for you.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What you your general opinions about their boots?

Looking for more specifics?
Narrow
110'ish

But more to the point, it looks like they have some narrow width boots with some nice liners

Does anyone have any experience?

There are three words that shouldn't be included in recommending a boot especially when it comes to ones own personal experiences..... I, Me and My.

I don't think anyone here recommended the boot for the OP saying that it will work for him. We responded to his request for general opinions and our own experiences.

Sponsor

Staff online