• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cuff stretching

Wallace

Booting up
Skier
I need to stretch the cuff on a pair of Lange boots to fit my kid. What is the best way to do this? The buckle ladder has been moved and we still need some more room. I have no problem experimenting as this is an old pair of boots that will be replaced shortly.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I assume you need more calf room? If so, you can flair the cuff in the back. There are ways to do this. Let me see if I can find a video.

DEstrada

Booting up
Skier
You could also grind down the sides of the upper cuff. Go to the 5:50 mark.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ Same vid I was going to post.

REALLY well done.

GA49

Getting on the lift
Skier
I assume you need more calf room? If so, you can flair the cuff in the back. There are ways to do this. Let me see if I can find a video.
This is a pretty old post. Is stretching the cuff one of the better methods to fix this?

My quads are always burning in my Technica Mach1 120 MV boots. Not so with my K2 Mindbenders, but I love my Technicas and would like to keep them and have them be my primary boots. The K2s are very soft and have a pretty wide cuff all the way through the ankle area.

The #1 suspicion I have is that the tight cuff fit around the calf puts me too far forward and I also don't have the benefit of a restoring force coming out of a turn.

I have 18+ inch calves (had them my while life seven when I was 155lbs in high school)

I'm heading to see a bootfitter today about it and wanted to get a little educated on it.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is a pretty old post. Is stretching the cuff one of the better methods to fix this?

My quads are always burning in my Technica Mach1 120 MV boots. Not so with my K2 Mindbenders, but I love my Technicas and would like to keep them and have them be my primary boots. The K2s are very soft and have a pretty wide cuff all the way through the ankle area.

The #1 suspicion I have is that the tight cuff fit around the calf puts me too far forward and I also don't have the benefit of a restoring force coming out of a turn.

I have 18+ inch calves (had them my while life seven when I was 155lbs in high school)

I'm heading to see a bootfitter today about it and wanted to get a little educated on it.
Your k2s are a bit more upright than the Tecnica

GA49

Getting on the lift
Skier
Make sure the spoilers are removed.

It would be a start.
Got it stretched a little yesterday. Going to ski them to see if additional is needed. Will head to Inner Boot works to get more, if needed Friday while up at Stowe. Will provide update to thread if it helped or not.

Sponsor

Staff online