• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Changed and/or Discontinued Skis ... End of Season Bargains?

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Funny, he wouldn't buy this year's E84s even though they are the same. I found this amusing.

If he's signed on as a Rossi hill rep then he'll get a Rossi hill rep deal on his hear next fall. Manufactures prefer their hill people to ride current/new offerings if possible. Some contracts require it, others don't.

Last edited:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
The Latigo is 78mm under foot, with the flipcore construction. It is a great carving ski with some of the playfulness and pop of an off piste ski. They are keeping the women's version in the line up, (Black Pearl 78) but discontinuing the Latigo.
Amazing ski loved by those who tried it, but not enough people tried it.

Haven't see one anywhere!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
If he's signed on as a Rossi hill rep then he'll get a Rossi hill rep deal on his hear next fall. Manufactures prefer their hill people to ride current/new offerings if possible. Some contracts require it, others don't.
He's not. He works at a ski shop and has for almost twenty years.

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
Shop deal should be good. ogsmile

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
Amy, just re-read my early post. Sorry for the man-splaining tone. A question on my part would have sounded more appropriate and expressed my intent better. ogsmile

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
Phil, you ranked Atomic Redsters a "wait". The "Redster" name is on a lot of skis. I have three pair (sl, gs & sg) all very different skis. Are you thinking race skis or the citizen carvers with the new thin rod on top instead of the doubledeck?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Amy, just re-read my early post. Sorry for the man-splaining tone. A question on my part would have sounded more appropriate and expressed my intent better. ogsmile
Didn't even phase me, so no worries!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil, you ranked Atomic Redsters a "wait". The "Redster" name is on a lot of skis. I have three pair (sl, gs & sg) all very different skis. Are you thinking race skis or the citizen carvers with the new thin rod on top instead of the doubledeck?
Yes, referring to the new Redster S9, G9 and X9. All are worth waiting for.

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
Sounds like Atomic is borrowing names from 1990's Dynastar. I loved my 203cm Dynastar x9 coupes.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sounds like Atomic is borrowing names from 1990's Dynastar. I loved my 203cm Dynastar x9 coupes.
Aaaaand he said it....I have been waiting for someone to bring this up. :micdrop:

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I gather from previous posts the X7 is replacement for the XTi ( I ski I wanted to, but never got around to getting on this season ).
Is the X7 just NGT or is anything going on under the hood ?

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sorry to veer slightly off-topic, but does anyone know if the topsheets for the Rossi Experience 2018 demo skis are the final topsheets, or if they are placeholders? See below:

If they are the final ones, I must say I like the 2016-2017 topsheets better. Not that a topsheet isn't a minor factor in buying skis, but all else equal I would rather have more handsome topsheets!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sorry to veer slightly off-topic, but does anyone know if the topsheets for the Rossi Experience 2018 demo skis are the final topsheets, or if they are placeholders? See below:

If they are the final ones, I must say I like the 2016-2017 topsheets better. Not that a topsheet isn't a minor factor in buying skis, but all else equal I would rather have more handsome topsheets!
The are indeed the new one. This is one of the reasons I have the Experience series as a "Buy Now" verses wait till next season, it is just a graphic change. But beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, I think these look better than the 2017 models. To each their own.

Reactions: RJS

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Any notable changes over at Scott? (within the context of this thread, OFC)
Nothing of note other that dropping the "Sun Valley Collection" which was The SKi, The Sagebrush and Black Majic..Which the ball was dropped on anyway so a silent death is a disappointment. IMHO so much coudl have been done here. I am not saying that they would have sold tens of thousands but I think if done right, it could have been successful. Ball. Dropped.

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
No. Just find one or two pairs of skis, ski the heck out of them in a bunch of conditions and terrain, and 'forgetabouit' on all the worry and second guessing that comes with a closet full of skis*.

* pot calling the kettle black hat on here. ogsmile