• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cage Match Comparison 2017 Blizzard Black Pearl vs 2017 Armada Victa 87Ti

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The ski comparison that I've been asked about more than any other in the past several months is
the Blizzard Black Pearl vs the Armada Victa 87Ti.​

Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 10.50.44 AM.png

As the first women's ski on the Flipcore platform, I'm not sure Blizzard had any idea how big the Black Pearl would be. It quickly surpassed every other women's ski as the top seller worldwide; this past season it took over the No. 1 spot in overall specialty shop sales. The Black Pearl has earned this place in the market because it is a versatile ski that advanced skiers as well as advancing intermediates can enjoy in a variety of conditions.

Then Armada, known for its new-school skis, comes to us with the women's version of the Invictus: the Victa 87Ti is filling that gap between new and old school. The extended tip profile, slightly flared tail, and sweet turn shape results in an all-mountain ski that is fun, playful, and hard charging.
  • Why choose the Black Pearl? The Black Pearl has the versatility to inspire an advancing skier to get off the groomers.
  • Why choose the Armada Victa 87Ti? Besides price, the Victa offers a slightly quicker turn and more precise finish with its smartly shaped tail.
  • Other skis in the class: Völkl Kenja, K2 AllLuvit, Atomic Vantage 90 CTI, Rossignol Temptation 88.

Last edited by a moderator:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

The ski comparison that I've been asked about more than any other in the past several months is the Blizzard Black Pearl vs the Armada Victa 87Ti. As the first women's ski on the Flipcore platform, I'm not sure Blizzard had any idea how big the Black Pearl would be. It quickly surpassed every other women's ski as the top seller worldwide; this past season it took over the No. 1 spot in overall specialty shop sales. The Black Pearl has earned this place in the market because it is a versatile ski that advanced skiers as well as advancing intermediates can enjoy in a variety of conditions.

Then Armada, known for its new-school skis, comes to us with the women's version of the Invictus: the Victa 87Ti is filling that gap between new and old school. The extended tip profile, slightly flared tail, and sweet turn shape results in an all-mountain ski that is fun, playful, and hard charging.
  • Why choose the Black Pearl? The Black Pearl has the versatility to inspire an advancing skier to get off the groomers.
  • Why choose the Armada Victa 87Ti? Besides price, the Victa offers a slightly quicker turn and more precise finish with its smartly shaped tail.
  • Other skis in the class: Völkl Kenja, K2 AllLuvit, Atomic Vantage 90 CTI, Rossignol Temptation 88.
I'm assuming the Victa has metal in it, hence the Ti in the name? I'd love to get on a pair this winter. For that matter, I'd love to get on another pair of Black Pearls in a more appropriate 166 length vs. the 159 I was skiing them in. I could compare them both to my Kenjas, which we all know I love.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Those three comparisons are a really good test of similar skis that are different.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ooooh Tricia! YES!! I've been waiting for this one!! Thank you ........... From my past posts you can prob tell I only like the BP's just a little! ha ha ha Do we have a challenger to the Queen!?!?!

Okay first........ Armada needs to go back to the drawing board in the "Name" category.......... Victa 87...what...ever.... VS .......... Black Pearl........... the name just sings off the lips............. say it slow........ B..L..A..C..K....P..E..A..R...L............ say it w/ a pirate accent.......... Jamaican accent....... French accent....you can even get away w/ just randomly shouting it out during "bleep"....(try that w/ Victa87 for a good laugh)...... anyway...... it just works!!!!!!

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ooooh Tricia! YES!! I've been waiting for this one!! Thank you ........... From my past posts you can prob tell I only like the BP's just a little! ha ha ha Do we have a challenger to the Queen!?!?!

Okay first........ Armada needs to go back to the drawing board in the "Name" category.......... Victa 87...what...ever.... VS .......... Black Pearl........... the name just sings off the lips............. say it slow........ B..L..A..C..K....P..E..A..R...L............ say it w/ a pirate accent.......... Jamaican accent....... French accent....you can even get away w/ just randomly shouting it out during "bleep"....(try that w/ Victa87 for a good laugh)...... anyway...... it just works!!!!!!
The name Black Pearl has a tremendous amount of momentum at Blizzard right now...tremendous.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The name Black Pearl has a tremendous amount of momentum at Blizzard right now...tremendous.

What is Armada thinking? Please contact them as they need Girls in the mix to start naming their skis........... The Mens skis have "Cool" names, JJ, Invictus, Bdog, Kufo........ the women's line only one in VJJ............ the rest are like ARW?? TST???..... huh??? ............. I can think of better names off the top of my head........ BEY (Beyonce's nickname), ARC (Joan of Arc), TTTH (Talk to the Hand), TS (Taylor Swift or Tough Shit!), women are getting gypped on this one! C'mon Armada, step it up.

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
What is Armada thinking? Please contact them as they need Girls in the mix to start naming their skis........... The Mens skis have "Cool" names, JJ, Invictus, Bdog, Kufo........ the women's line only one in VJJ............ the rest are like ARW?? TST???..... huh??? ............. I can think of better names off the top of my head........ BEY (Beyonce's nickname), ARC (Joan of Arc), TTTH (Talk to the Hand), TS (Taylor Swift or Tough Shit!), women are getting gypped on this one! C'mon Armada, step it up.

I dunno, I quite enjoy the name of the Testes. I mean TSTs.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I dunno, I quite enjoy the name of the Testes. I mean TSTs.

Ok...I missed the boat on that one.....Testes??? For a women's ski??? Hmm?? ...... sorry not feeln' it.... keep going, let's try again.... ARW??? Victa87??? Clue us in :beercheer:

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm waiting for @SkiNurse to chime in.
I haven't been on the Black Pearl in several years and would like to demo them again. The Victa blew me away last season. It skied everything that Colorado spring conditions threw at it: crud, 7 inches of fresh with/without breakable crust, pristine groomers, hard pack, slush bumps...you name it. It has replaced the Helle's Belles as my everyday driver. I am really looking forward to getting the Victa out in some honest, Colorado winter conditions. Here we come trees, steep & champagne powder!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It would be interesting to try the Armada. I couldn't wait to get the BP's off my feet. And I own the Temptation 88's.
Two extremely different skis.
The idea that they're both 88mm under foot is where the likeness begins and ends.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
To defend Armada with the name -
Invictus (the name of the men's line is Latin for Unconquered

Victa is the feminine version of Victus - which means way of life.

I can see where they're going here, but I had to do some research to figure it out.

Sponsor

Staff online