• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cabrio vs 4 buckle, one question....

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Is there a 4 buckle boot that out perform the Dalbello Kr2 pro in lateral stiffness, for and aft flex, and is easier to get off an on than the Kr2?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There are many that are stiffer, but they are not as easy to get off. My Head Raptors for example, check all the marks but when they are cold, they ain't coming off. But that is just once a day, I will wait the 10 minutes inside for the shell to warm up. The KR2 is also a more upright shell though than the Heads, you might mot be happy with that even though you didn't ask about stance.

TS
Josh Matta

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
yeah I know the Kr2 are upright my broken Kr2 had 2mm lift in the heel....

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I thought Plake had something to do with the design. Now I believe he is with Roxa.

Unless Roxa = Dalbello

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
I’m really liking the new Dobermann/R9.3 the lateral stiffness is there still, but the newer plastics have a more dynamic fore/aft.

PTskier

Been goin' downhill for years....
Pass Pulled
"Unless Roxa = Dalbello"

Different owners. Roxa is owned by the Rocca Group. Dalbello and Full Tilt are owned by Kohlberg & Co. I think Roxa makes some boots for Full Tilt---looks like lots of cross pollination there.

Kohlberg is the most recent owner of K2-MDV....K2, Marker, Dalbello, Volkl, Line, Full Tilt, and other brands.

Sponsor

Staff online