• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Burke Mountain Academy & Burke Mountain Resort Operating Agreement

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Press Release:
BURKE, Vt. (AP) — A Vermont ski resort and nearby skiing academy will split revenues from lift passes and hotel room costs after a federal court judge approved a new operating agreement.

The Caledonian Record reports (http://bit.ly/2vCg0Oi ) the agreement between Burke Mountain Academy and Burke Mountain Resort was approved Friday.

The resort will pay 10 percent commission to the academy on group hotel bookings, and a 10 percent commission on lift ticket sales for groups receiving a discount.

Kevin Mack, director of resort services at Burke Mountain, says he expects the agreement to lead to a higher number of skiers coming to the resort. He says the training academy will benefit through having a higher profile in the skiing community.

___

Information from: The Caledonian-Record, http://www.caledonianrecord.com

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Burke is a fun mountain - especially when they get snow. It's typically been a great place to get away from crowds during busy periods. Not sure how that helps that hotel succeed though. Hope it works out for them.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Don't forget that the last time Burke nearly went under, the school and a few key stakeholders/board members bought the ski area.

At this time they are forgiving a big chunk of debt, and they are funding a new surface lift. Cost of both moves is close to $3Mil.

So a small payback will be the 10% for the teams who may compete at Burke, and on the tickets which are normally embedded in entry fees. I guess group tickets.

The Buzz of being a USST/ USSA training center, IMO, is a bit oversold. Virtually every ski academy and top program is ponying up the money and going through the process. Althetes tend to train at their home programs.
I am waiting to see how it works, in practicality.

Some of the biggest and the "best" like Ski Club Vail I believe see no reason to go through this process. They seem fine doing what that have been.

The athletes who come to Vail are the WC teams and NCAA teams in November. They sell out hill space, so thus will not do a thing for that.

Burke is a small, truly elite, very well resourced program. Will be interesting to see how this works there. We'll see how much of the USST will train there, versus any number of other options.

The Northeast Kingdom is excited about ANY positive press coming out of Burke. And just one man's opinion is that the federal receiver has done a great job.

dlague

Waitin' for Wintah
Skier
I hope they do well! One of my home mountains growing up and the trees to skiers right are awesome.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January