• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Beyond epic! Sustaining PugSki into the Future!

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Great to see so many new newcomers to the site and several well known faces! Welcome!

To all the new migrants, I have been following the RIP thread on Epic and all the wailing and gnashing of teeth as to why it is closing down. Please remember it does cost $ to run the site. Sustainability is not just a feel-good term that just "happens" as so well demonstrated by the demise of Epicski.

Please do not underestimate the amount of personal sweat, equity, risk and sacrifice Phil and Tricia have personally put into establishing this site. It is terrific to see the traffic numbers increasing but this brings additional pressures (and $) to increase bandwidth on the site among other things which puts greater pressure on cashflow in the short term.

I believe @Monique mentioned it in another thread but please consider helping to keep this community thriving and growing by hitting the button at

https://forum.pugski.com/account/donate

Doesn't matter what amount, it all helps ensure the continued success. P&T may not feel right about making this ask personally but, as a business person I am very aware of the immediate impacts (even though they are very positive for the long term) and, as a salesman, I am never shy about asking for commitments! :)

Thank you! and welcome :beercheer:

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just donated $20. Phil and Tricia are the actual owners right? We won't get the same problem here as EpicSki, at least for the foreseeable future?
Yes we are the owners, but we'd like to think of ourselves more as stewards of the site with many people taking ownership of the amazing content.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
For those who donated....Please Pm Me your addresses so we can get a sticker packs out to you. We are headed to Colorado tomorrow and we woud like to get them in the mail before we go. As far as the larger donations, we have some new hats coming, all we have right now is the pom-poms..if that works, great. But for the fall we will have more...along with some other cool swag.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I know you are not in the SWAG/clothes business, but some hi-tech t-shirts (like Simms, Patagonia etc...) would be very cool and they make good layering pieces for ski days too

Edited to add: AFTCO has some nice shirts with integrated hoods and face masks.

I use this stuff when Fly Fishing all the time

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What resorts is the Pugpass good at?
Chez Ziggy
I know you are not in the SWAG/clothes business, but some hi-tech t-shirts (like Simms, Patagonia etc...) would be very cool and they make good layering pieces for ski days too.

I use this stuff when Fly Fishing all the time

Like this...
IMG_0488.JPG IMG_0489.JPG

Sponsor

Staff online