• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
I'm going to have to up my data plan, with all these music videos. But, I won't be paying for data, I'll be buying a lift ticket.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Lets not forget, skiing is like dancing with the mountain..but the mountain leads.

And this is why I don't listen to music when I ski. I try to find a rhythm in the terrain I am involved with at the time.

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive

I like it, but only after pulling up a version not in-concert. It's fast, it' jarring. Makes me think of speedy medium and long turns through frozen crud, not too steep and rutted of course.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Any particular piece that you can associate with setting and kind of skiing?
Oh, just cue up Waiting for Columbus and let it play in the background.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We need @bmlvail in this thread...he might have a few things to add. :popcorn:

TQA

Putting on skis
Skier
Know what? A violin is a terrific instrument to ski to. Capable of both stacattos as well as lonnnng drawn out notes, that are alive, like that of a soprano's. It pulls me, rather than push. Time to review Maria Callas' works for something to ski to.

Love Red Hot

She is a keen skier too

I just love the fact that she fiddled her way into competing at the Olympics

Violinist Vanessa-Mae's four-year skiing ban has been overturned.

The 36-year-old Thailand skier was suspended by the International Ski Federation (FIS) in November after results were manipulated to help her qualify for the Sochi Winter Olympics.

But the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas) said there was no direct evidence to implicate her in the fixing.

However her 67th-place finish in the giant slalom will not stand because the qualifying events were "so defective".

The Cas panel said "a number of irregularities" occurred in the "organisation and management" of the four races which raised Vanessa-Mae's racer status.

Five officials involved in the qualifying event were banned by the FIS.

Vanessa-Mae, a British citizen, competed in Sochi for her father's native country under the name Vanessa Vanakorn.

She can now try to qualify for the 2018 Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Stones, Zepplin, Dead, BTO, Deep Purple, EC, SRV, Bowie to name a few. I like my music like I like my skis.

With grooves.

Snuckerpooks

Getting on the lift
Skier
My guilty pleasure on the slopes... Ariana Grande - Into You. Starts off slow but gets more intense for some aggressive skiing. I'm a big fan of pop and electro music so

But my go to pump up music is...

I do like the older rock, but not in my ear on the slopes. I get too lost in singing.

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Five officials involved in the qualifying event were banned by the FIS.

Seriously? No sense of humor, a sad day for the sport and the Olympic spirit.

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive

Nice, but I'm not thinking downhill. Last lap up of the day, skinning or boot packing, I'm dragging, and need something to keep one foot stepping in front of the other and my mind off of where the top is. As for the name "Johnny Winter", that's pandering, bzzzz :)

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January