• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Beer

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Sister beer to the above. Possibly the perfect kielbasa or bratwurst brew? I had it a few weeks ago and didn't like it. With sauerkraut and a dog, on the other hand ... glorious.

20170806_195805-01.jpeg

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Spent a little time down at Mishap Brewing in Buffalo, WY this afternoon after golf. If you are headed to Denver from Twin Cities, Billings, Chicago,...... You probably go right by it. Award winning wheat beer, killer IPA's, a Kolsch, cream ale the list goes on; try it you'll like it.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Black Hog Ginga Ninja has always been a favorite of mine. Went to their brewery in Oxford, CT the other day and was blown away by the rest of their selection. OMG I could live there. Lots of everything including sours and ipa's.

20615986_10154907727638014_3232390530378170330_o.jpg

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sister beer to the above. Possibly the perfect kielbasa or bratwurst brew? I had it a few weeks ago and didn't like it. With sauerkraut and a dog, on the other hand ... glorious.

View attachment 27667
I like the looks of that one. One of my favorite pale ales is a Mosaic Pale. Probably won't find Hobo Brewing beers here, but i'll look for Galaxy pales to get an idea.

albertanskigirl

aka Sabrina
Skier
When I was in Bozeman last week., I had the pleasure of trying this amber ale from Bozeman's own Outlaw Brewery. pretty tasty - especially with all of the delicious food at the Blackbird Restaurant - highly recommended!

IMG_6047.JPG

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
IMG_8641.JPG

Toppling Goliath Brewing Company's Pseudo Sue, a single hop (Citra) pale ale. Fragrant, juicy, nice persistent head.

Toppling Goliath (Decorah, Iowa) currently holds the top spot on BeerAdvocate's list of the 200 best beers with their Kentucky Brunch Brand Stout.

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
I like the looks of that one. One of my favorite pale ales is a Mosaic Pale. Probably won't find Hobo Brewing beers here, but i'll look for Galaxy pales to get an idea.
My favorite hops now are Mosaic and Citra. Seems I go back and forth with Mosaic IPAs usually my go-to. Will occasionally have a sour or stout, but stouts usually not til weather is cooler.

Locals Lone Pint Yellow Rose IPA (single malt, single hop) and Hops & Grain Pale Mosaic are almost always in my fridge.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Had one of these fellas last weekend..how can you say no to Rogue Dead Guy Ale??? :huh:

rogue_dead_guy_ale.jpg

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I usually get a bit hazy after 5 IPAs :P

Kurt

Ski 4 Life
Instructor
20150716_181210.jpg 20150716_181454.jpg Brian Beer.jpg The setting and friends make the beer; that said, too few good microbreweries in the alps, definitely not saturated like many places in the states (I guess saturation isn't really a problem). Anyone want to start a microbrewery at a Swiss ski resort? I'm in...

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 27901 View attachment 27902 View attachment 27903 The setting and friends make the beer; that said, too few good microbreweries in the alps, definitely not saturated like many places in the states (I guess saturation isn't really a problem). Anyone want to start a microbrewery at a Swiss ski resort? I'm in...
True, and those are some beautiful locations, but I just can't drink lager. We had a hard time finding good beer in Switzerland.

Kurt

Ski 4 Life
Instructor
True, and those are some beautiful locations, but I just can't drink lager. We had a hard time finding good beer in Switzerland.
Yes, hard to find, especially at mountain huts and on the slopes, but there are some good ones scattered around.

Kurt

Ski 4 Life
Instructor
I hear Stone Brewing's Berlin brewery is now distributing to Switzerland, so there ya' go.
Yep, I've seen Stone in the grocery stores; pricey but hard to pass up! What I miss are the brew pubs and flights like pictured in @surfsnowgirl post.
Black Hog Ginga Ninja has always been a favorite of mine. Went to their brewery in Oxford, CT the other day and was blown away by the rest of their selection. OMG I could live there. Lots of everything including sours and ipa's.

View attachment 27715

Sponsor

Staff online