• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Beer

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Paging @LKLA (beer bloodhound that he is), but for the best luck finding especially 1 & 2, the brewery's just up the road in Stowe — worth the trip to stock up. About 40 minutes from SB. There's also the Craft Beer Cellar in Waterbury.

You won't go wrong with Lawson's Finest Liquids, though — here's their vendor list & delivery schedule: https://www.lawsonsfinest.com/find-our-beer/ They're in Warren, but they don't do retail. Best bet for the best beers is not to shop weekends. (Alchemist brewery sales seem to be safer, though).

Reactions: BC.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
There's a new beer in town. Bend,Oregon, 10 Barrel, Pearl. Delicious.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Currently drinking 17 Mile by Cypress Brewing. A brewery that opened a couple of years ago about 2 miles from my house. For some reason I haven't made it over there yet. Since they finally started canning some have shown up in our local distributors, Pretty tasty IPA.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
We took a tour of Trapp Family Brewery in Stowe, VT.

Nice place and a very nice brewery, but it had to be one of the most bizarre tours I've ever been on - felt more like a sales pitch on the Trapp family than a beer tour.

Ended-up tasting four or five of their beers and unfortunately were not impressed by of them. Perhaps others have had better luck.

IMG_3222.JPG

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Great Beer Coming to a Head — Foam Brewers of Burlington, Vermont

Within the historic beer scene in Vermont, Foam Brewers is one of the new guys. And yet, in barely a year and a half, they’ve built a reputation for themselves in a part of the country known for fantastic brewing. But before it was a destination brewery in New England, brewing some of the most sought-after NE IPAs in country, Foam was a start-up idea in the minds of five individuals who had no idea how it would all come together.

This is their story.

http://goodbeerhunting.com/blog/201...-to-a-head-foam-brewers-of-burlington-vermont

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great Beer Coming to a Head — Foam Brewers of Burlington, Vermont

Within the historic beer scene in Vermont, Foam Brewers is one of the new guys. And yet, in barely a year and a half, they’ve built a reputation for themselves in a part of the country known for fantastic brewing. But before it was a destination brewery in New England, brewing some of the most sought-after NE IPAs in country, Foam was a start-up idea in the minds of five individuals who had no idea how it would all come together.

This is their story.

http://goodbeerhunting.com/blog/201...-to-a-head-foam-brewers-of-burlington-vermont
Went there last summer! Great beer, great place. I think my beer was called Eternal Sunshine (or something like that). Perfect for summer.
IMG_3803.JPG

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Two Roads Brewery:

IMG_9111.JPG

Mid-palate juice, very pleasant, a double IPA. Less of a hops assault than some IPAs. I like hops, but this beer is a happy alternative.

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
Can I get these locally in Warren?...or without going too far out of the way?

Heady Topper
Focal Banger
SOS
Hill Farmstead
Nope
Nope
Absolutely
Nope.

You can drink some Hill Farmstead at Mad Taco, but you need to go to the Farmstead to buy the beer to take with you.

If you want to bring good beer home without travelling from Waitsfield and standing in line: Lawson's, BBC, Upper Pass, Lost Nation (the most overlooked brewery in the region??) Frost are all great choices.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
Today, Feb. 8, is the Phila. E-A-G-L-E-S Superbowl Championship parade. Just gotta drink some nice lager from Philly's own Victory Brewing Co. @Philpug - I'll bring some with me next time we get together! I know you will be at the parade in spirit.
Victory.JPG

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So if anyone happens to be in Stockholm (that’s in Y’rup for all cheese heads), this is what you’ll find on tap in the Mikkeller bar:

6763F4AE-2940-4339-8FB5-22EB2A0329CD.jpeg

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
So if anyone happens to be in Stockholm (that’s in Y’rup for all cheese heads), this is what you’ll find on tap in the Mikkeller bar:

View attachment 39239

My wife - Ingrid - and all of her mother's side of the family are from Sweden. Great country. Great people.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January