• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Beer

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
1) I'm personally thankful to be in VT which is the Nirvana of beer right now.

Now back to the regularly scheduled Foley Bros, BBC, Frost, Lost Nation, Lawson's, Alchemist, Hill Farmstead, Fiddlehead, Zero Gravity, Rock Art, Long Trail, 14th Star, Whetstone Station, and even a little Hop'n Moose.

1. Don't forget Massachusetts. Tree House is killing it.

2. Yes, and here's another. Tried this one @LKLA? Lots of juice, tons of pine.

IMG_9039.JPG

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
NO, I have NOT :(

It looks amazing. Hope it tastes as good as it looks.
I still have over 40 cans left from last trip to VT. Since we are headed back up next week I might start the new year with close to 100 :beercheer::yahoo::beercheer:

We should just meet up and drink the beer - I need help! Forget skiing.

Last edited:

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
NO, I have NOT :(

It looks amazing. Hope it tastes as good as it looks.
I still have over 40 cans left from last trip to VT. Since we are headed back up next week I might start the new year with close to 100 :beercheer::yahoo::beercheer:

We should just meet up in drink the beer - I need help! Forget skiing.

Picked this up in Ludlow, at that place. I'll help you out any time you like! :D:beercheer:

mister moose

Instigator
Skier
1. Don't forget Massachusetts. Tree House is killing it.

There's good beer in a number of states, but Vermont has more gold medalists than anywhere. Go to per capita and it's a runaway.

Yes, Tree house is good, but uneven in my book. I don't get Sap or Green at all. Julius and Haze are wonderful. Did you see the line at "that place"? Exactly. With beer like that on the shelf, I'm not waiting in line in Monson for an hour only to find they ran out.

Trillium is also excellent, but at $20 a 4 pack they are just a little full of themselves.

I just had some Farnham (South Burlington VT) Milkshake IPA on tap, haven't seen it canned yet. If you see it, try it. I'd describe it as a cross of Julius and Super Session #2.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Guanella Pass Brewery sampler for Loveland après.

CCCFE8A9-6865-4AF7-86F8-342A725CD4C6.jpeg

Wicked Elf from Rock Bottom now.

BD6E6429-E0EA-48D7-88F3-01FF729A8052.jpeg

Very good from a few days ago.

DD041AC1-059F-43E1-9FB6-8EC2C1EDB5E2.jpeg

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Indie Ale House Camp-out S'mores Stout..interesting....

25017891_135649680444769_7258024770623504384_n.jpg

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
At the brand new Peace River Brewing Company in Punta Gorda Florida.
20171226_151448_Richtone(HDR).jpg

This rye IPA thing is new to me. Fat Point Ryeght Angle that we had a couple days ago was my favorite.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sampled the following during our most recent week-long trip to Vermont -

Burlington Beer Company Stainless Forest: Some serious hops and unreal color. Almost looks like fruit juice. Smell was classic Amarillo and Simcoe notes with some pineapple, orange and lemon zest as well as pine and earthy notes. Overall , this is great beer. A

Foley Brothers Citrennial: Appearance was a semi-hazy bronzed orange color with a one finger white foamy head. Smell had a sweet grassy to citrus sweet hops grabbing a light pine and floral tones as well. Overall, a nice AIPA. B

Maine Beer Company Lunch: Perfectly balanced, malty IPA. Lots of mango and pineapple upfront, tons of grapefruit and pine mid-palate with a lovely, sweet malt finish. A-.

Alchemist Heady Topper: What else is there to say that has not already been said?! A

Hill Farmstead Anna: Typically great Hill Farmstead beer, but I was hoping the honey flavor as this is a honey ale. B+

Hill Farmstead Edward: Orange, amber haze. Smells like a field of wildflowers, with some citrus, honey and peppermint in the background. Really unique, refreshing character. B+

Idletyme: Did a six beer sampler that included Helles Brook Lager, Behemia Pilsner, Zog'a Pale Ale, Goldie Hopz, Dunkel and Idletyme Double IPA. A couple of them were C at best, with one or two maybe a B-. Nothing to write home about. To be fair, not sure drinking 5oz pours of six beers is indeed the best way to judge a beer.

Lawson's Finest Liquids Sip of Sunshine: What else is there to say that has not already been said?! Great drinking beer. Can't go wrong with this one. A

Lawson's Finest Liquids Super Session #8: Great light and refreshing beer yet lots of hop. Not much different than Sip of Sunshine. A

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
In the glass is the can on the right: Mason's Hipster Apocalypse — not much up front, a bit thin, but a juicy and complex finish.

The beer on the right I guzzled greedily before I remembered to photograph it, Trillium Farnsworth Street IPA, a brilliant, cloudy, hop-forward gem. I was spending my Brewtopia gift certificate, and the shop guy pulled this from the back cooler (I'm going to return the favor ASAP).

IMG_9096.JPG

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
I was just gifted some North Carolina beer - four pack of Southern Pines Moore IPA and a four pack of Brueprint Double Dribbue.

Anyone familiar with either?

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Have a trip to Sugarbush/Killington coming up for SuperBowl weekend. Do you guys have any recommendations for where I can pick up some of the VT favorites while I am in the area. Skiing Sugarbush Saturday.....so looking for a place somewhat near Warren for a pickup?....and then staying down the next 2 nights at Summit Lodge at Kton.

Can I get these locally in Warren?...or without going too far out of the way?

Heady Topper
Focal Banger
SOS
Hill Farmstead

Sponsor

Staff online