• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Beer

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Goldman Sachs downgraded both Boston Beer Company and Constellation Brand on the data that younger consumers aren't drinking as much alcohol as older generations, and the ones who do prefer wine and spirits.

"We view the shift in penetration and consumption trends as driven by a shift in preferences in the younger cohorts," Chief Analyst Freda Zhuo wrote.

Beer penetration fell 1% from 2016 to 2017 in the US market, while both wine and spirits were unmoved, according to Nielsen ratings.

Goldman Sachs now expects the overall beer market in the US to decline by 0.7% in 2017.

While some argue that calling a 1% drop in penetration a beer-industry homicide case is an overreaction, small shifts have huge financial impact. Beer already lost 10% of market share to wine and hard liquor from 2006 to 2016.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Goldman Sachs downgraded both Boston Beer Company and Constellation Brand on the data that younger consumers aren't drinking as much alcohol as older generations, and the ones who do prefer wine and spirits.

"We view the shift in penetration and consumption trends as driven by a shift in preferences in the younger cohorts," Chief Analyst Freda Zhuo wrote.

Beer penetration fell 1% from 2016 to 2017 in the US market, while both wine and spirits were unmoved, according to Nielsen ratings.

Goldman Sachs now expects the overall beer market in the US to decline by 0.7% in 2017.

While some argue that calling a 1% drop in penetration a beer-industry homicide case is an overreaction, small shifts have huge financial impact. Beer already lost 10% of market share to wine and hard liquor from 2006 to 2016.

I had always thought it was whiskey that affected penetration.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Ok, we had this during Liqu’ or Treat on Halloween. My wife bought it and I was expecting a dark malty coffee affair. Not so, and very good.

00AB033F-FBD5-4705-9695-ECDA389CD6F0.jpeg

Followed by...

A1D89C49-48E1-48E4-BAF7-F78ED3F99EB6.jpeg

Which I think is in the emerging ground wet hops category and worth a couple while walking around in the cold.

And tonight, just really like this. Definitely Funkin.

B66043C7-AAB5-44EB-9E66-2D644C4F1588.jpeg

antigonowhere

Booting up
Skier
SquarespacePortfolio_BigSpruce-05.jpg

I really like the one on the right.

The yeller feller is also at home in my reeferigerator.

Dude who runs the place is a giant, happy go-lucky, engineering, trebuchet building, maverick of east coast (Canadaland) craft beer. Highly recommend if you're ever this way.

Novaloafah

Should've paid attention to that lesson.
Skier
SquarespacePortfolio_BigSpruce-05.jpg

I really like the one on the right.

The yeller feller is also at home in my reeferigerator.

Dude who runs the place is a giant, happy go-lucky, engineering, trebuchet building, maverick of east coast (Canadaland) craft beer. Highly recommend if you're ever this way.
I've stopped a few times at Big Spruce in Nyanza when travelling that way. Great product and people. And now that it is in stores through the rest of the province, much easier on the gas mileage to get it.

antigonowhere

Booting up
Skier
View attachment 32754

Collective Arts IPA No. 4 — nice, full, interesting white Hellertau mid-palate, with Citra and Mosaic at each end.

Here in the more northern bits, thanks to Jeremy White at Big Spruce, we call that wee hash a "Panic Line"