• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Back in time - my first skiing date with Diane.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
reposted from the other site..........looking though an archiving some o my own TRs. This was 5/3/13 and it was the first weekend Diane and me were more than friends. BTW @Bob Barnes Barnes your locker mate is here as well

no we do not have nearly 2 feet of powder like loveland. Yes we do have larger verticals than loveland.

The corn skiing has been fantastic. We have been up stowe a couple times since closing day at stowe as well a day in Tucks.

Stowe conveniently groomed all the slopes out for us after closing day. Since then they have been baked even flatted and serving up the best corn in the world for 2k vertical feet. stupid easy access skins on at the parking lot, ski right back to the car even to this day in May.

me:
LL

the group earning their turns:

Liz can generate some angles on the ulta grippy corn snow

coudoruy that has the consistency of BC corn yay!!

Meghan ripping up the smooth corn as well.

last sunday we all went to Tuckermen. Despite skiing washington now 4 days in my life this was my first time doing tucks. the hike up was not bad and we were able to skin most of it since the snow level was still fairly low on the tuck's hiking trail.

2 hours in we arrived at Hojos it was a VERY crowded day. we are merely tourist here. oh yeah BTW girls are bad ass. especially these girls. I asked 4 girls and 7 guys to come up to tucks on this day and all 7 days ranged from I had work...valid excuse to I am going to be way to tired on monday pretty lame excuse. My win, the dudes loss.

me, Diane, Liz and Meghan

our objective Hillman's Highway longest decent in the area of the ravine at 1400 vertical feet much of it above 40 degrees. Steep baby, for Diane and Meghan this would be the steepest thing they have ever skied.

Liz and Diane in front hiking up Hillmans

higher up in the chute wildcat ski area below us.

the girls with the summit in the background. The eastern snowfield looked money but the group was spent after today and many days skiing on stowe the week prior.

east side snowfield I will ski this before the year is up.

Diane on the rollover that even gave me vertigo as I launched of it at speed on to get dizzy.

me enjoying a steep, pretty smooth and steep decent. I have nt skied anything like this in the east ever, most things I have skied out west are not as steep for as long.

Liz on the upper part of the chute. This is pretty steep by most people's standards

Meghan

diane in the wide open area of the chute.

Liz in the lower snowfields absolutey crushing again.

Meghan in the same spot giving you an idea of just how steep the 'easy" part of the run is this picture is corrected

Diane carving up the smooth corn down low as well. non corrected picture.

till next time cya.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice story/report Josh. I heard you got some snow up there this week. I've got to get up there next year to ski Stowe. I went 2x 15+ years ago and both times it was so foggy and icy it was not enjoyable. Literally couldn't see 30' in front of you and I didn't know the mountain.

Sponsor

Staff online