• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Awful news to share with the community

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Just read this. I’m saddened by the news, and I offer my condolences and compassion to you,

You have a lot of people who care about you, many, myself included, who have never had the privilege to meet you in person.

You will feel loss.
You will feel pain.
Some days, it will lessen.
Keep breathing.

Ohioskier

Getting on the lift
Skier
Sorry for your loss. Hopefully you have a good support system to help you through the tough times.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
@Monique, I'm sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you're going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
My deepest condolences Monique, I am so sorry to hear this.

I just read Eric's obit. It is really cute that you two met playing EverQuest. He was clearly incredibly smart (I'm from Boston, my grandfather went to MIT and my girlfriend just got into MIT). Nerdy, goofy sense of humor, dog-lover, passion and creativity across a variety of interests - it's clear that he was an amazing person, and I would have really liked him if we had met. Again, I am so sorry.

Last edited:

L&AirC

PSIA Instructor and USSA Coach
Skier
I can't imagine your pain.

Take some time. Ask yourself what he would want you to do. Ask yourself what you need to do. Make a plan, then put aside.
Breathe. Do this a lot. Review your plan. Go through the steps again.

When you're ready, follow the plan.

You're in our thoughts and prayers.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don't know how I missed this over the weekend. Such sad news, @Monique you have the sincerest condolences from my wife and I.

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
Words are far from adequate @Monique. I can only hope you are surrounded by love and can eventually find wonderful memories of Eric somewhere beyond the terrible shock and emptiness of his passing.

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
I only know Monique though the online ski community and am shocked. I echo @Muleski in saying that she is in my thoughts and prayers, and that it is incredibly sad news.

va_deb

Getting on the lift
Skier
Keeping you and Eric and your families in my heart tonight, Monique. Sending big hugs and wishing you strength and comfort. <3

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January