• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Stacks

Stacks
Skier
19577488_10155205961921391_5956505932113801189_o.jpg
Chau + 47cm from the weekend

sinbad7

Getting on the lift
Skier
Starting to look better. The freezing level hung just a bit too high overnight - one degree either way can make a difference. Colder temps seem to have arrived now though.

cold 1.jpg

Last edited:

sinbad7

Getting on the lift
Skier
Normally I would be off to the demo weekend in a couple of days, but my mother's turning 75 and I can't miss that, can I?

So, we're off home to Tasmania tomorrow for the partay !

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Starting to look better. The freezing level hung just a bit too high overnight - one degree either way can make a difference. Colder temps seem to have arrived now though.

View attachment 26343
That's looking really good! :yahoo:

Normally I would be off to the demo weekend in a couple of days, but my mother's turning 75 and I can't miss that, can I?

So, we're off home to Tasmania tomorrow for the partay !
Enjoy the partaaaay!

TS
Jellybeans1000

Jellybeans1000

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
Not as much as we thought, but it snowed heavily for a few hours here at Buller yesterday. We are starting to get some more terrain open, which is always good. But the school holiday crowds are pretty small, but the weekend looks to be crazy busy. Got some mates coming up, which should be good. The skiing is pretty good at the moment in manmade areas.

sinbad7

Getting on the lift
Skier
The team at theSkiMag just sent through an email containing the below pic with the following caption: "Couldn't resist this Hotham/Feathertop shot from DJ Eddy's Instagram, do yourself a favour and follow him... "

cold 1.jpg

How pretty is that? If I had an Instagram account I'd look up DJ Eddy off the back of this one shot.

sinbad7

Getting on the lift
Skier
Still living vicariously off the local forum. School holidays right now, so not missing the long queues and rug rats everywhere.

We're supposed to get a fresh dump of snow tomorrow. Right now things are looking a bit rocky and thin off piste.

Friday was windy.

cold 1.JPG

But if you stay under the ridge you can get some lovely windblown stashes.

cold 2.JPG

Still a bit of filling-in required though.

cold 3.JPG

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The team at theSkiMag just sent through an email containing the below pic with the following caption: "Couldn't resist this Hotham/Feathertop shot from DJ Eddy's Instagram, do yourself a favour and follow him... "

View attachment 26623

How pretty is that? If I had an Instagram account I'd look up DJ Eddy off the back of this one shot.
Thanks for the post. I just started following him.
https://www.instagram.com/djeddyhoth/

In the mean time I just saw this video from Mt Hutt, posted on Facebook Thursday.

sinbad7

Getting on the lift
Skier
The promised snow did arrive yesterday. That will fill in a few holes, cover a few rocks and generally improve the cover. The locals have confirmed our season's been a bit 'thin' to date.

cold 1.jpg
cold 2.jpg

And a couple more shots from our local forum.

cold 3.jpg

cold 4.jpg

In just over a fortnight we'll be there for our first turns this season.

sinbad7

Getting on the lift
Skier
We've certainly had some good snow lately and conditions are pretty good in a number of areas - especially the windblown stashes in the lee of the ridge.

Patrol had to cut a cornice off the top of the Bluff. Here's what you might call our equivalent of a debris field.

cold 1.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wow, are you really getting this? Crazy cool.

TS
Jellybeans1000

Jellybeans1000

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
Wow, are you really getting this? Crazy cool.
Yep, NZ looks amazing. Australia isn't doing nearly as well. Got something to do with bombing lows. We are set to get rain here in the Aussie Alps on the weekend.

Sponsor

Staff online