• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Atomic Nomad Blackeyes Ti, cheap! 14/15 and 15/16 model

Chriscray

Booting up
Skier
I have access to many Atomic Nomad Blackeye Ti(s). Used rental fleet skis. They are actually pretty good front side skis. These have a durable topsheet and faired better than many other more expensive brands (Fischer and Kastle). Best for Intermediate to expert skiers. A great cruising ski, or locally we'd say a great Deer Valley ski. I have access to various sizes (160, 167, 174 cm) that are to be sold through another channel. Better ski than the popular Volkl RTM 81.There about a dozen of these. They are the 14/15 and 15/16 models

I will consider any reasonable offer as I would have to ask my manager on a case by case basis. Shipping would be $35 in the US.

These are system skis and will fit most boots, The BSL range is 257 to 380mm. The only person I've ever met who didn't fit these would be Mark Eaton and his custom Dale Boots. He's 7'4".

There are other brands too, but I wanted to see how these did first. I've never sold skis outside of a shop before and I wanted to see how this goes.

Cheers!

va_deb

Getting on the lift
Skier
Can't believe no one has jumped on these! Mind posting the full specs on anything you want to get rid of, along with condition of top sheet and bases? Or is there a link you can post that has that info?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I guess the issue is that local Pugski culture says that forum regulars who want to sell the occasional pair of skis are well accepted, while selling regulars who wany the occasional dose of Pugski gearhead scrutiny get ... well... Pugski gearhead scrutiny.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
I have a friend who skis these. They aren't a bad ski. They just may not match up with the knowledge, experience, and aspirations of those who hang out here. Where II think some would be tempted is that they would make a decent rock ski, and are priced accordingly.

But, as per @Tony S observation, you might want to post a brief summary of your kastle, stockli, fischer, etc inventory and invite offers by PM. I bet that would generate somne sales . . .

TS
Chriscray

Chriscray

Booting up
Skier
Thanks for the suggestions. I will in the future list each pair. I just have to coordinate and get prior approval from our Ebay sales manager so I don't list something here that is listed elsewhere.

I just wanted to see what kind of responses I got and judge what to do based on that. I am a little busy today, but I'll get more info later this week.

These do make a great guest ski. My Dad bought a pair of the 167cm's for winter time house guests he gets. I have some uncles who have their own boots and setting these skis up is easy.

TS
Chriscray

Chriscray

Booting up
Skier
Here's the 160 Blackeye Ti. This is a 2016 ski. It was used at our St. Regis Deer Valley shop for 2 seasons.

IMG_0613.JPG IMG_0613.JPG IMG_0614.JPG IMG_0613.JPG IMG_0614.JPG IMG_0613.JPG IMG_0614.JPG IMG_0615.JPG IMG_0616.JPG IMG_0613.JPG IMG_0614.JPG IMG_0615.JPG IMG_0616.JPG

JFB

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm interested in these but have questions: How stiff/soft are they? How much camber? Does the ski have a binding interface built in? (I would want to remove the bindings to mount telemark bindings directly to the ski)

TS
Chriscray

Chriscray

Booting up
Skier
I'm interested in these but have questions: How stiff/soft are they? How much camber? Does the ski have a binding interface built in? (I would want to remove the bindings to mount telemark bindings directly to the ski)

The link in my last post has a good tech section on these skis. I'm sure you could remove the binding interface, however because they are a system ski the ski top is NOT flat, but raised on the sides and lower in the middle. I.E, I do not think a tele binding would work.

I've skied them before, and I would rate them as stiffer skis, 7 of 10. With the tip rocker they do not ski stiff, just a good damp frontside cruiser type skis. For a rental ski thats not a demo ski they are great skis.

Last edited:

JFB

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks, CC. Tempting, but they don't sound right for me.

TS
Chriscray

Chriscray

Booting up
Skier
I called about getting a non-flat ski as a Tele setup. It could be done but most shops will not touch that. So for the Tele skiers, these are not a good option.