• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Aspen offers throwback $6.50 Lift ticket

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Appalachian in NC sells $5 lift tickets all weekend every year around December 5th for their anniversary party..

TS
Michael R.

Michael R.

skiNEwhere
Skier
This was hard to find on their website.....I had to search for "6.50" and found this

I was asked if I had an Aspen RFID Card, which I said "yes" to, and the $6.50 option went away. I tried again and said I don't have an RFID card, and the $6.50 option showed up, plus $5 for the card. Seems like you have to buy another RFID card.

It's funny that they are advertising celebrating their 50th, but making the process of actually buying the lift ticket a royal PIA

Edit: Got it to work without having to buy another RFID card. Don't know what exactly I did though....

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Almost makes me want to do a road trip.

Well, at Sun Peaks ever year on the first Monday in December it is $5CDN + a food bank donation.

All of the high schools in nearby Kamloops close for the day (they have to because no one shows up), all of the standard rental skis go out, lots of 70s and 80s gear, all sorts of not quite ready to open runs get skied, and the ski patrol have their busiest day of the year. It is an honest to goodness real gaper day.

Locally it is known as Body Pack the Hill Day, so actually you don't want to go on a road trip although, Snowmass is undoubtedly different.

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
Friday pre Xmas I bet its not all that bad. Maybe a good day to hit Vail or Breck as people make the drive past.

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
SkiCo has stopped selling the $6.50 lift tickets unless it is part of a lodging deal. Evidently, over 12,000 lift tickets have already been sold and Steve Sewell is concerned about the number of folk likely to be on the hill and the amount of terrain likely to be open! Might be a good day to be somewhere else...

Mike

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Hmm the obvious answer would be to spread the offer over the week (but still restrict to one day per person) rather than giving everyone a crappy experience which damages the Aspen brand.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
SkiCo has stopped selling the $6.50 lift tickets unless it is part of a lodging deal. Evidently, over 12,000 lift tickets have already been sold and Steve Sewell is concerned about the number of folk likely to be on the hill and the amount of terrain likely to be open! Might be a good day to be somewhere else...

Mike
Uh oh!
:crash:

palikona

Getting off the lift
Skier
A good day to be at any other mtn. That will be the ultimate WROD.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
l was there this week and got warnings from several people to stay away on 650 day.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
How about just lowering the ticket price for us regular folk? Do that and I'll come back to visit!!!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The party and fireworks may still be fund to attend.

Aspen Snowmass ski resort in Aspen, Colo., is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a gift for all: $6.50 single-day lift tickets on Dec. 15, the same price the resort charged when it opened in 1967.

It’s all part of a Snowmass 50th Anniversary weekend that will feature a retro party and fireworks too.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Wonder how this is looking now? Any sign of Aspen offerring a raincheck or are they just counting that people won't show cos it isn't worth the gas?

oswaldr2

Getting on the lift
Skier
Wonder how this is looking now? Any sign of Aspen offerring a raincheck or are they just counting that people won't show cos it isn't worth the gas?

I was just wondering the same thing about this $6.50 lift ticket deal with only 59 acres at Snowmass.

Does the lift ticket deal get you any mountain at Aspen or just Snowmass?

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid