• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Speeder

Booting up
Skier
A friend who skis in Rossignol 110 flex non FIS spec race boots was told that she would be better off in Lange non FIS race boots. I was surprised because I always thought that the only difference between them was the color.
Are the Rossi and Lange Race boots the same except for color?
Are the Rossi and Lange FIS spec race boots the same except for color?

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
A friend who skis in Rossignol 110 flex non FIS spec race boots was told that she would be better off in Lange non FIS race boots. I was surprised because I always thought that the only difference between them was the color.
Are the Rossi and Lange Race boots the same except for color?
Are the Rossi and Lange FIS spec race boots the same except for color?

I was also told by a Lange/Rossi dealer that the difference btwn Rossi and Lange boots - at least in 2017 models - was the liners and color/graphics. The shells were the same. Not sure if that is true and if it is true for the entire line-up.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Rumor has it that in the plug thelange has a thicker shell than thr Rossi....

My understanding as well. I have heard "different", from what I consider to be the horse's mouth. The white boot is a slightly different compound. Note that some racing on the WC are in the Lange Boot w/Rossi skis.
Saw a pair of white Rossi clogs and Blue Lange cuffs last season. Comp'd athlete.
Know some guys who are very much brutes who are in very stiff Rossi, too.

Tooling must be the same. All from the same factory, I think?

jo3st3

Getting on the lift
Skier
they don't fit me the same, so I would say no. I have Lange XT 120 boots and the Rossi boots I tried felt terrible to me.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Same factory as I understand it. They are sister companies, with Dynastar, Look too.
I had always been told that Rossi owned Dynastar and as a parent company would not let Dynastar make a better ski than the Rossi.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Lot of ski "urban legends" going on here, IMO.

Believe me, when Rossi owned Dynastar and skiers like Alexis Pinturault were under contract, Rossi and Dynastar were collaborating on "a lot", and Pintu was their best rising male star. Most would suggest that the WC skis are made in the same race room, by the same people.

I could not tell you a thing about the retail skis, but that would surprise me, a great deal.

I've had plenty of conversations with the US race directors of both. That position is now combined into one, BTW. Plenty of collaboration, though they have cut back on North American race ski distribution.

Boots....Race boots made in the same molds. The compound used is different. You're a high level US racer, and they are coming from the exact same source. Depending on the situation, an athlete on Rossi might prefer the blue boot. Resi Steigler is one example.

Rossi is private held, re-acquired by the Boix-Vives family, and their PE partner. Laurent Boix-Vivres owned Rossi for many years; I'm guessing 30? At least.

Like many of these families of skis, the distribution piece is very confusing. Such as Blizzard and Nordica.

BGreen

Out on the slopes
Skier
No first hand experience, but I’ve heard a few people say the white plastic is a bit softer, but perhaps a little less temperature sensitive. To @Muleski’s point, I know of more people who ski on Lange boots with Rossi skis than Rossi boots on anything other than Rossi skis — that number would be zero. I’ve never skied either, but I have athletes in both blue and white boots. However, none have gone from a boot from one company to the equivalent boot from the other.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
The one I know for sure was the 130 flex and 97 last. It was black and green in the Rossi version and i’m Almost positive the Rossi version didn’t,,,,,,,,,,,,,leak.

Bootguy

Booting up
Skier
Plugs are all shared molds and liners, as are many of the kids boots. 50, 60, 65, 70, 90, 110, 120’s are all shared tech. Adult mens’ and womens’ retail boots are not shared molds or liners with 1 or 2 exceptions.

Comish

Putting on skis
Skier
Have the plugs changed at all in the last 5ish years? There are some pretty cheap ZB's out there from both Rossi and Lange from 2013ish and was just wondering if they were the same from both brands back then, and if they had changed at all in the interim.

Have had Dobie Soft's, WC 150's, and now in WC EDT 130's. Was told last week that the EDT was 95mm and I would be better off in one of the 92/93mm boots so doing a bit of research for my chicken legs.

Not sure I really want to fit another pair as I know what is involved...

For example, is there a difference between these two Lange / Rossi's and have the current boots changed at all?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Rossi...100243&hash=item2ef7657bea:g:D4kAAOSwDEtaSUMl

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Lange...166101?hash=item21381a4395:g:T~YAAOSwsB9V9yrQ

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:

BGreen

Out on the slopes
Skier
Pretty sure those two boots are the same, but I’m unsure if they are the same as current boots. Yes, there have been a bunch of changes/different models, but I think they went back to an older design (changed, then changed back). I know someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but I think your Nordica info is wrong. The pre-EDT boots were 95 mm. The metal EDT boots were 92. The current boots are very similar last to the original boots, 130 is probably slighter wider than 150 due to material thickness. If your Nordicas work for you, consider a Zipfit or Intuition liner.

Last edited: