• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The boot that was announced in December 2015 is in trouble.
Press Release on Recall August, 24, 2017
Arc’teryx Issues Recall Of Their Procline Ski Boots
In cooperation with Health Canada and the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Arc’teryx has issued a recall of their Fall 2016, Procline Ski Boots. You can read the recall notice here.

In a small number of boots, the axis pin has dislodged which could cause the skier to lose control or fall and suffer injuries. All 2016 Procline Boots will be repaired to secure the axis pin and allow the boot to function as designed.

All of the Arc’teryx Fall 2017 Procline boot production now includes the redesigned axis pin. While there have been no injuries reported involving any Procline Ski Boots, our commitment to our users’ safety leads us to issue this recall to make the required axis pin repair.

If you own any Procline Ski Boots, we request that you visit recall.arcteryx.com for more information and instructions on how to return your boot free of charge for the required repair.

The website recall.arcteryx.com also offers an extensive FAQ page where most of your questions can be answered.

Innovation and quality are foundational building blocks of our Brand’s design culture. We wish you to know that over our 25+ year history of making climbing equipment we have been, and remain; committed to creating products that enable consumers to move safely in the mountains.

Press release from 2015
North Vancouver, BC (December 15, 2015) — New for the 2016 winter season, ARC’TERYX proudly expands its footwear collection with a new category including the Procline Boot, the company’s first ski alpinism boot that boasts multiple game-changing, patented performance features.

The only hybrid ski boot of its kind, the Procline Boot combines all of the features of a classic alpine climbing boot with those of a lightweight ski mountaineering boot to create a new benchmark of agility and lightness for mixed ice/rock ascents with unmatched support and power for technical ski descents.

Featuring a revolutionary, patented two-piece carbon fiber upper cuff system that is able to rotate both vertically (75º) and laterally (23º / 12º), the Procline closes the performance gap between a traditional alpine climbing boot and a plastic ski touring boot.

“This groundbreaking cuff design allows for greater freedom of movement in the ankle for climbing the most technical mixed/ice routes, for easier and safer skin control on steep traverses, and the stiffness and support for skiing the steepest snowfields and couloirs with confidence,” said Federico Sbrissa, ARC’TERYX Footwear Product Line Manager.

With a lower shell constructed of injected Grilamid and a fully water and snowproof gaiter system, the Procline boot provides both protection and insulation from the elements. The fully integrated CNC machined 2-buckle system is designed to offer the best qualities of a classic mechanical buckle with the customized fit of a cable system for a smooth and secure closure of the lower shell. The lower buckle is fully integrated and protected on the lower shell for added durability even while climbing or skinning on technical terrain.

The patented ascent/ski cuff system also offers improved control for skinning on steep, off camber traverses with total support and rigidity for enhanced downhill skiing performance when locked. The innovative power strap with booster capabilities is designed to operate without Velcro for a powerful, fast and effortless closure for more fluid transitions and a silhouette that eliminates snagging on pant cuffs.

Compatible only with proven tech-style bindings, the Procline boot comes equipped with Dynafit® certified pin inserts, a double compound Vibram® outsole and 3D molded rubber toe caps to aid in climbing performance and protection.

The collection is comprised of a premium unisex version, the Procline Carbon, with a carbon fiber cuff for improved downhill performance and lateral edge control as well as the men’s Procline and women’s Procline models, boasting an innovative carbon fiber charged Grilamid cuff for a more progressive and forgiving flex.

Each model is offered with two different liner options; a 180gr ‘lite liner’ focused on walkability and reduced weight and a 250gr ‘support liner’ with a reinforced tongue and collar for improved downhill performance. All liners can be thermoformed for a customized fit.

“Designed and built for technical ascents and big mountain descents, the new ARC’TERYX Procline Boot is the only boot offering the best features of the entire ski boot spectrum – capable of taking you on long, technical ascents, enabling you to climb the hardest mixed/ice routes, and providing an unmatched level of performance and support for the descent,” Sbrissa added.

Innovation is born in the mountains – it has been the ARC’TERYX advantage since the company started in 1989.

Available to purchase Fall 2016

Procline Carbon Lite: US $1000
Weight: 1.190g in size 27.5

Procline Carbon Support; US $1000
Weight: 1.260g in size 27.5

Procline Lite: US $750
Weight: 1.190g in size 27.5

Procline Support US $750
Weight: 1.260g in size 27.5

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Ugh. I'm glad they were able to figure out a fix.

(I looked at the boot for about 2 nanoseconds, but it's made for narrow feet ...)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Did not know they had a line of A/T boots. I like the way the boot area drops lower behind the toe lug to accommodate a wider footprint, literally rather than having it funneled down to sit on top of a narrower plank like traditional boots.

The rear placed hing/rivet failing reminds me of those early 80s Dolomite knee high boots that also blew the rear hinge rivets..

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Did not know they had a line of A/T boots. I like the way the boot area drops lower behind the toe lug to accommodate a wider footprint, literally rather than having it funneled down to sit on top of a narrower plank like traditional boots.

Put your foot in one. It's extremely narrow.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Are all the models narrow? I'm not sure because I didn't try them on.

Hrmm. This was the info given to me by a backcountry store. As I recall. Perhaps I am wrong. Perhaps they only meant the models they had in stock (or had experience with). The boot I tried was impossible. My feet, though, are very wide.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hrmm. This was the info given to me by a backcountry store. As I recall. Perhaps I am wrong. Perhaps they only meant the models they had in stock (or had experience with). The boot I tried was impossible. My feet, though, are very wide.
I really don't know because I don't generally get deep into the BC Side of boots, but I thought you may know from your conversation wth the shop.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I feel like they were completely independent.

Swiss Toni

Out on the slopes
Skier
All Amer Sports ski boots are manufactured at Oradea in Romania. The Proline was co developed with Salomon, it is similar to the S-Lab X-Alp touring boot. Most of the design and development work will have been carried out at Salomon’s R&D centre in Annecy, where about 20 people work on ski boot design and development.

MaCC

Booting up
Skier
good info Swiss Toni

I saw some of these at an Avi Workshop and then again at a local ski swap, they look interesting, just wonder if two buckles and the wire strap provide enough stiffness for enjoyable down hill. They said the touring was great on them because of the 360 deg movement, I would want to demo boots like this before ever buying