• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Asnis

Booting up
Skier
I just got these second hand, unused, and need bindings. I had planned on getting the Look Pivot 12, but I assume the 95mm brake is too wide for the 78mm waist. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong on that. The Pivot 14 does have a 75mm brake model....is that then too narrow. They apparently sell the 75mm brake....is it worth the cost to change out the brakes on a 95? I'm not dead set on the Pivots, so if anyone has any recommendations on something else comparable in quality/safety , it’d be appreciated. I'm an intermediate to advanced skier, on piste, not jumping off anything, and weigh 150. Don’t really need anymore than a 12 on the din. Thanks.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The 75mm brake will be tough to find for the Pivots and the cost for extra brakes is not cheap. The 75mm brake only comes standard on the 14 and the 18. If you are in an area where you have a really good high end shop, they would probably swap you 75's for 95's because the 95's are much more desirable.

pile

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Good advice from Philpug!

I have the 75mm Pivot 14's on my Latigos, great ski/binding combo.

TS
A

Asnis

Booting up
Skier
The 75mm brake will be tough to find for the Pivots and the cost for extra brakes is not cheap. The 75mm brake only comes standard on the 14 and the 18. If you are in an area where you have a really good high end shop, they would probably swap you 75's for 95's because the 95's are much more desirable.

So I just found 75mm replacement brakes for $100...not cheap, but may be worthwhile. Is changing those out something any shop should be able to do confidently?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So I just found 75mm replacement brakes for $100...not cheap, but may be worthwhile. Is changing those out something any shop should be able to do confidently?
Pretty simple to swap, but it is easy to cross thread too. Just have to be careful.

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
They are basically the whole heel piece minus the dildo. Depending on how much you are paying for the Looks, that $100 extra is a lot. Phil's idea of a trade is a good one.

I'm mounting some Cheyenne's up with STH2's and 80mm brakes but usually ski Pivots. The brakes were $20.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Jeez. Extortion, considering what they are.

They are basically the whole heel piece minus the dildo. Depending on how much you are paying for the Looks, that $100 extra is a lot. Phil's idea of a trade is a good one.

I'm mounting some Cheyenne's up with STH2's and 80mm brakes but usually ski Pivots. The brakes were $20.
What he said ^^^^.
Most folks figure that its just the brake, but for the Pivots, its nearly the whole heel piece.

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
I know that I'm beating a bit of a dead horse here as I've read the Latigo reviews on here (and elsewhere) many times before, but years later these skis continue to intrigue me- and still want me to spend my money on them!
Right now my go-to's are Salomon Q-90s but I feel like the Latigos could be perfect for the "usual" conditions we have in NE PA, where you basically never go off piste. 85mm brakes would work as well, right?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I know that I'm beating a bit of a dead horse here as I've read the Latigo reviews on here (and elsewhere) many times before, but years later these skis continue to intrigue me- and still want me to spend my money on them!
Right now my go-to's are Salomon Q-90s but I feel like the Latigos could be perfect for the "usual" conditions we have in NE PA, where you basically never go off piste. 85mm brakes would work as well, right?
85 brake is fine.

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
Does anyone know about the mount point for Latigo/Cheyenne? I have some 170cm Cheyenne's that I'm getting ready to mount. There is a range of lines for boot center and I'm thinking the middle one but I wonder if the Cheyenne's line are set up more forward than the Latigo's like many women's models.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
"O" or whatver the center point is. Money.

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
Hey @Philpug, question for you: I found a good price on Latigos in 177 so I pulled the trigger. Do you think Attack 13s would be ok on these or are they too wide? If too wide, what would you recommend? Appreciate the advice!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hey @Philpug, question for you: I found a good price on Latigos in 177 so I pulled the trigger. Do you think Attack 13s would be ok on these or are they too wide? If too wide, what would you recommend? Appreciate the advice!
There is an 88mm brake for the Attack. Other than than most any 12-13DIN binding will work...with an 80mm brake.

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
There is an 88mm brake for the Attack. Other than than most any 12-13DIN binding will work...with an 80mm brake.

Thanks @Philpug - I can get the 85mm brake, but the AFD plate on these are like 78 or 80mm I believe, and the whole toe piece as you know is pretty wide. Wondering if that would be an issue? They are the 2017 Attacks - not the Attack2.
L9Sports site is saying a 77mm AFD...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks @Philpug - I can get the 85mm brake, but the AFD plate on these are like 78 or 80mm I believe, and the whole toe piece as you know is pretty wide. Wondering if that would be an issue? They are the 2017 Attacks - not the Attack2.
L9Sports site is saying a 77mm AFD...
They will be fine.