• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

LeLeedler

Racer at Heart
Skier
Hi! So, I have been skiing on some older Kästles, old Volkl Racing Skis, and some also old Head Racing skis. While I am pretty happy with my setup, at the end of this 2016-2017 started to demo a lot of skis with the intentions to buy a pair and, needless to say I had some great times with some great skis but, one pair stood out. I bloody loved the Blizzard Brahas, I was Demoing a 2017 pair and at the end of the day when I got down I almost bought them but, these were only the second pair of demos I had tried out so I decided to wait a bit. I tried out many more skis including the Kästle FX95 HPs, Meir Skis Quick Draws (Colorado dude btw), Faction Nine5s, and a few more but, the Blizzards are my favorite.
Now, these weren't flawless skis but, I loved them, here's the thing, the season's done here and now the newer skis are available. From the limited press on the 2018 Brahmas I have gathered that they are even better than the previous 2017 Brahmas. I have money available and can't wait to ski some new skis next season but, before I spend the money on a new pair I'd love to hear how good they are.

brahmas.jpg

Thanks in advance!
(Here's the skis by the way: http://www.skiessentials.com/2018-blizzard-brahma-skis-w-tyrolia-attack-13-bindings.html)

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A few of us have, check out our testers interpretations of the Brahma HERE.

TS
LeLeedler

LeLeedler

Racer at Heart
Skier
A few of us have, check out our testers interpretations of the Brahma HERE.
Just checked it out, short and to the point :) ! Do you have anymore notes, also a quick question, how is she at speed? I was a former Ski racer and I love some good ole Nastar (no commitments ski racing fun) and high speed, will she hold up?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just checked it out, short and to the point :) ! Do you have anymore notes, also a quick question, how is she at speed? I was a former Ski racer and I love some good ole Naster and high speed, will she hold up?
In that class, there are a few better at speed, the Kastle MX 89 and the Head Monster 88, but while the Brahma has 9/10ths of the speed of those two, it is much better in mixed and mank condtions. If you are looking for the Nth degree of speed, there are other options but if you are willing to give a little of that up, the new Brahma is sweet!

TS
LeLeedler

LeLeedler

Racer at Heart
Skier
In that class, there are a few better at speed, the Kastle MX 89 and the Head Monster 88, but while the Brahma has 9/10ths of the speed of those two, it is much better in mixed and mank condtions. If you are looking for the Nth degree of speed, there are other options but if you are willing to give a little of that up, the new Brahma is sweet!
Actually, that's almost exactly what I wanted to hear! I have a few older pairs of skis I have some 2007 Head Racing skis that I got from a sponsorship, and a pair of 2002-2004 Volkl P40s. So I have speed skis inline. I must note that those P40s are quite possibly the most fun skis at higher speeds and ice. Thanks so much Philpug!

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
Actually, that's almost exactly what I wanted to hear! I have a few older pairs of skis I have some 2007 Head Racing skis that I got from a sponsorship, and a pair of 2002-2004 Volkl P40s. So I have speed skis inline. I must note that those P40s are quite possibly the most fun skis at higher speeds and ice. Thanks so much Philpug!

Brahma > P40s in every application simply because ski technology has improved drastically since then.

The 2018 Brahmas rip. We haven't released a full review of them yet, but we will over the summer and we also got a lot of feedback on them during our ski test. Everyone pretty much agrees they're better. More responsive, smoother turn initiation, better edge grip thanks to the lower rise rocker. I (Jeff) personally really like the slightly decreased turn radius, and I was arguably more skeptical about them changing it than anyone else.

TS
LeLeedler

LeLeedler

Racer at Heart
Skier
Brahma > P40s in every application simply because ski technology has improved drastically since then.

The 2018 Brahmas rip. We haven't released a full review of them yet, but we will over the summer and we also got a lot of feedback on them during our ski test. Everyone pretty much agrees they're better. More responsive, smoother turn initiation, better edge grip thanks to the lower rise rocker. I (Jeff) personally really like the slightly decreased turn radius, and I was arguably more skeptical about them changing it than anyone else.
I get it, the P40s are my racing fun at very very high speed skis, these Brahmas would be used as an all mountain ski. I already intend on purchasing the Brahmas. Thanks for replying though, it is kinda crazy to think that you can post something in a forum and someone from the company you intend to buy the product from responds. I can't wait to get those skis and spend some late season days at Abasin, so thanks for the reply I have a lot of buyer confidence from you and Philpug. Thanks. :)

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
I get it, the P40s are my racing fun at very very high speed skis, these Brahmas would be used as an all mountain ski. I already intend on purchasing the Brahmas. Thanks for replying though, it is kinda crazy to think that you can post something in a forum and someone from the company you intend to buy the product from responds.:)

Haha, come to think of it no one from Volvo has ever responded to my forum posts. P40s are awesome. I've spent quite a bit of time on them. There's a chance, however, that you'll find you prefer the Brahma as your very very high speed skis. Maybe not, but there's certainly a chance.

That looks like a Pugski Approved Package with the Attack 13!

Black on black! They look sweet with those bindings.

TS
LeLeedler

LeLeedler

Racer at Heart
Skier
Haha, come to think of it no one from Volvo has ever responded to my forum posts. P40s are awesome. I've spent quite a bit of time on them. There's a chance, however, that you'll find you prefer the Brahma as your very very high speed skis. Maybe not, but there's certainly a chance.

Black on black! They look sweet with those bindings.
Man if they are great at speed the more the better! I'd be siked to have a ski that can destroy at almost everything, I can't wait I think i'll be trying to purchase them soon. Thanks for giving me the info!

DVL

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I'm deciding between the Brahma and the Monster 88 / 88 Ti (2019) ... What exactly do you mean by "mixed and mank conditions" - could you please clarify it? I'm looking for a stiff ski that can smash trough chopped / fresh snow ON PISTE and has super stability and edge grip - I don't need the ski to perform well on bumbs or off piste in deep snow at all, because I'm not into it and avoiding it. On the other hand, I as well don't need a ski that is better for perfect morning groomers out of these two, because I already have race skis for that... So which ski is the better one for me (for the "bad ski conditions on piste")? Thank you!

DVL

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I'm deciding between the Brahma and the Monster 88 / 88 Ti (2019) ... What exactly do you mean by "mixed and mank conditions" - could you please clarify it? I'm looking for a stiff ski that can smash trough chopped / fresh snow ON PISTE and has super stability and edge grip - I don't need the ski to perform well on bumbs or off piste in deep snow at all, because I'm not into it and avoiding it. On the other hand, I as well don't need a ski that is better for perfect morning groomers out of these two, because I already have race skis for that... So which ski is the better one for me (for the "bad ski conditions on piste")? Thank you!

NVM. Just bought the Brahma.

Sponsor

Staff online