• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

JohnL2

Booting up
Skier
Late ’70s Vintage Rossignol ‘Coors’ skis

Really nice condition for being about 40 years old. Perfect for displaying on the wall or over the bar. Mounted once with classic Look-Nevada Turntable bindings (model N77 in metal) in great cosmetic condition. Look’s first turntable to include a ski brake behind the toe piece. Made in France.

Original owner was employed by Coors to fly their hot air balloons. He received one of the few pairs of these skis as a gift. An avid skier but after making one run in 1978 or ’79 decided they were great at going straight down the hill but that was it. In storage since then. I recently acquired them planning a wall display but wife has vetoed that idea. Hoping someone has the perfect spot (behind a local Tahoe bar?) for displaying these classics.

Make me an offer (cash or trade?). Hopefully you can pick them up in the Tahoe/Reno/Carson Valley area so won’t have to ship them. Dimensions are 88mm-70mm-78mm. Length is approximately 190cm. No markings on the skis (unless under the bindings). “Rossignol” brand based solely on the lion symbol at tips and previous owner’s story.

Note: Edges are rusty and bases probably never waxed. I tune my own skis so can clean up the edges and wax the bases if desired for display purposes. IMHO these should NOT be skied. (Though if tempted, the bindings are mounted for a 27.5 boot - approximately.
20170924_162911.jpg 100_3003.JPG 100_3001.JPG 20170924_162537.jpg Base Tips - Copy (2).jpg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I like 'em. Where are you located? I don't like them enough to pay shipping or more than a box of Banquet.

20171018_222728_North Ridge Street.jpg

TS
J

JohnL2

Booting up
Skier
Located in the Lake Tahoe / Reno / Carson Valley area (NW Nevada)
No doubt out of 'local pick up range' but thanks for the interest anyway.
PS "a box of Banquet"?? Must be a strictly local brew?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
20170604_112726.jpg Coors Banquet is the only Coors that is only made with Rocky Mountain water (aka Golden municipal water).

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Located in the Lake Tahoe / Reno / Carson Valley area (NW Nevada)
No doubt out of 'local pick up range' but thanks for the interest anyway.
PS "a box of Banquet"?? Must be a strictly local brew?
I am around, you and @Doug Briggs work out a price and get them to me at our Launch Party on the 11th and I will get them to Doug on our next trip to Colorado.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Late ’70s Vintage Rossignol ‘Coors’ skis

. I recently acquired them planning a wall display but wife has vetoed that idea.

Make me an offer (cash or trade?).

Sorry, but I've already got a wife and she lets me display my retro skis and skateboards in our living room..

TS
J

JohnL2

Booting up
Skier
Thanks Phil for offer to deliver to Doug.. I bet I could make that work getting to the party.
Doug? Now its up to you. I've gotten a few offers so far (ad running on Reno Craig's list too) and planned to let ad run for a couple weeks before making a decision (now, maybe only till the 11th). If you really want 'em make me an offer (PM if your like) and I'll keep you posted. Thanks.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
I had this same binding Look N77 on a pair of Olin Ballet skis in 1979 as I needed a rotating heel. Great binding then and probably still is.

Sponsor

Staff online