• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Amazon buying Whole Foods -$13.7 Billion

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
In my 5 things I need to know over my morning cup of coffee from CNN
I'm not sure I NEED to know this, but okay...
5. Whole Foods
Amazon will officially be running Whole Foods on Monday, and the first thing the Internet behemoth will do is cut prices at the stores. It could mean less silliness, like the $6-a-bottle "asparagus water" that turned up in a California store a couple years ago. While customers and other critics of the chain's high prices will be happy, regular old supermarkets won't be. They're already battling Walmart and Target for market share, so the prospect of now having to take on an Amazon-fortified Whole Foods is absolutely frightening for them.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
In my 5 things I need to know over my morning cup of coffee from CNN
I'm not sure I NEED to know this, but okay...
5. Whole Foods
Amazon will officially be running Whole Foods on Monday, and the first thing the Internet behemoth will do is cut prices at the stores. It could mean less silliness, like the $6-a-bottle "asparagus water" that turned up in a California store a couple years ago. While customers and other critics of the chain's high prices will be happy, regular old supermarkets won't be. They're already battling Walmart and Target for market share, so the prospect of now having to take on an Amazon-fortified Whole Foods is absolutely frightening for them.

Yes, they are commoditizing. Whole foods, frankly, had lost its shine in my book even before the Amazon thing. I shop at a real, local shop, owned by the same family for 70 years. Not cheap, but they deserve it, quality is great, and their employees are well paid and happy. We are more than happy to support this!

This is bad news for the big chains, but _good_ news for more local, real "organic" stores. Interesting twist!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@KevinF posted this on FB.
Fascinating bits and pieces considering that Bezos became the first 100 Billionaire since Gates on Black Friday.

Pay attention to the segment around 10:50 about Sears

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
@KevinF posted this on FB.
Fascinating bits and pieces considering that Bezos became the first 100 Billionaire since Gates on Black Friday.

Pay attention to the segment around 10:50 about Sears

Credit where credit is due... 'Twas not I who posted this but @Matchstix . The "other" Kevin F. :eek:

Sponsor