• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Am I the only one???

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Who else leaves their snowblower in the garage and shovels by hand so thy can make a big snow pile? We just had 3 or 4 inches of the driest snow!
D6E43AF8-EBDC-4208-B9C5-388A0060F7AA.jpeg

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
Well, I leave my snowblower at the hardware store I guess, because I don't have one. But then my driveway is only like 20' long.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
The real question is what did you do and how much fun did you have with that huge pile of snow???!!!

I would love to tunnel through it once it sets up, but I don’t want to look like the neighborhood nut. Although in making a big pile I probably already do!
:Cristmassnow:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I snow throw whenever there are more than a few inches. So I can shovel when there isn't that much snow.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
I would love to tunnel through it once it sets up, but I don’t want to look like the neighborhood nut. Although in making a big pile I probably already do!
:Cristmassnow:

Have to agree that by merely making that massive pile the neighbors are probably looking at you through a jealous lens, ( I should've made a huge snow pile) or disbelief (I can't believe that he made such a huge pile).

Who cares about the neighbors!!!! Will be fun making a tunnel or maybe diving into the pile of soft, light, puffy white snow!!!!

Enjoy!!!!

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Huck the roof! :daffy:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Am I the only one who immedately saw a kicker?

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Dave Petersen .... we got your snow out here in eastern IA ... really is great powder.

Gave a try on calc out the water/moisture content ... took an old cylindrical vase, stuck in upside down, slid thin cover, inverted and now waiting for contents to melt.

Top of vase to mark is 4 inches, the snow height with vase inverted.

Melted snow came out to 63 grams, the volume of water in vase occupied by snow came out to ~ 870 grams ..

Figure this is ~ 7 1/4 % moisture ... not Steamboat Champagne of 6% but dang nice especially midwest .... (if I did this right)

(don't forget ... Champagne Powder is a Steamboat Trade Mark!)

Feb 5th 2018 snow.jpeg

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
We shovel all the snow from our driveway onto our front yard. It has just enough slope that if we pile it up to a certain height our 3yo can ski it. My husband builds a kicker on it, too.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
@Dave Petersen .... we got your snow out here in eastern IA ... really is great powder.

Gave a try on calc out the water/moisture content ... took an old cylindrical vase, stuck in upside down, slid thin cover, inverted and now waiting for contents to melt.

Top of vase to mark is 4 inches, the snow height with vase inverted.

Melted snow came out to 63 grams, the volume of water in vase occupied by snow came out to ~ 870 grams ..

Figure this is ~ 7 1/4 % moisture ... not Steamboat Champagne of 6% but dang nice especially midwest .... (if I did this right)

(don't forget ... Champagne Powder is a Steamboat Trade Mark!)

View attachment 38854
Snowing right now - same dry snow.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
and more coming ...

honestly, I had sad feeling the season in midwest was over a week ago .. now i'm feeling a wee better.

shoveling ... back to your OP ... agree. Only exercise I get these days but then I love being outside even when its 0 ... or below. Makes for coming inside even betterer!

gives time to Groom the snow in back for kids sledding ... building a few banks for the keep out death areas with trees and obstacles.

James

Out There
Instructor
Snowblowed twice in one day today! Basically two feet this week. Can't throw it far enough with a shovel and there'd be no where to put it with a plow.

Sponsor

Staff online