• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
For Sale 8-10 014.jpg

A fully functional Salomon backpack sample from the 80's
It's maybe 10" tall

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Was a big Salomon fan in the early 90's
collecting dust in my room now.........
IMG_8073.jpg

1080's, x-scream, crossmax, equipe DH, crossmax, Force9 3s, x-scream, x-mountain
IMG_8075.jpg

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
I know what they are..my question is more why that choice? ogwink
I don't remember why I made that binding decision over 20 yrs ago, may have been "top of the line" back then, & why not on pro form ? Was it a bad choice ?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I don't remember why I made that binding decision over 20 yrs ago, may have been "top of the line" back then, & why not on pro form ? Was it a bad choice ?
It was a great binding...for a GS ski, but for an off piste ski, it was heavy and very damp..the regular 997E would have been a better choice. But I am a binding geek.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
It was a great binding...for a GS ski, but for an off piste ski, it was heavy and very damp..the regular 997E would have been a better choice. But I am a binding geek.

Heavy is an understatement. Maybe that's why I never really cared for that particular ski.

danfrank

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Salomon.jpg

Hi all. Got this about the same time I bought my 727 Equipe and SX90 Boots; 1981 or 1982, I think. The last year that the 727s were available. The boots lasted till about 2003-2004 and then the plastic they were made out of cracked into several pieces and fell apart. Never seen boots do that before.
Super 8 camera in the background... LOL!

Kris77

Booting up
Skier
View attachment 28217

Hi all. Got this about the same time I bought my 727 Equipe and SX90 Boots; 1981 or 1982, I think. The last year that the 727s were available. The boots lasted till about 2003-2004 and then the plastic they were made out of cracked into several pieces and fell apart. Never seen boots do that before.
Super 8 camera in the background... LOL!

sal-gloves.jpg

I have the matching gloves, though they've seen a season or two. haha

Kris77

Booting up
Skier
Question: Can anyone tell me how you adjust the 555E heel binding? There is no rear screw, but you pop a plastic over up and there is an adjustment wheel, but it looks like it needs a special tool? Anyone remember the process? Thanks!

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
Question: Can anyone tell me how you adjust the 555E heel binding? There is no rear screw, but you pop a plastic over up and there is an adjustment wheel, but it looks like it needs a special tool? Anyone remember the process? Thanks!
Use a screwdriver with a small blade that fits in the slots in the wheel and crank it one way or the other to get the setting you want.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Gotta love the Elf tips.

Sponsor