• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
A pair of Course Dynastar Slalom with 480's. 190cm.
Mack.
View attachment 41225
I would think that the skier was a light person because the 480's did not have a high DIN setting maybe a 11 or 12 setting? What is the highest number on that setting gage?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I would think that the skier was a light person because the 480's did not have a high DIN setting maybe a 11 or 12 setting? What is the highest number on that setting gage?
Back then there were not too many bindings with over a 12.

Uncle-A

Skier
That is true because the 490 D top setting is a 10 and the 490 RD is a top setting of 12 but the 480 in the photo is a more recreational binding and one step down from the 490 D. Maybe @Mack will tell us what the highest setting is on the bindings in the photo.

I bet that the skier purchased the 480's because of the good color match.ogsmile

Uncle-A

Skier
That is true because the 490 D top setting is a 10 and the 490 RD is a top setting of 12 but the 480 in the photo is a more recreational binding and one step down from the 490 D. Maybe @Mack will tell us what the highest setting is on the bindings in the photo.

I would bet that the skier purchased the 480's because of the good color matchogsmile

Mack

Getting off the lift
Skier

I would bet that the skier purchased the 480's because of the good color matchogsmile
The din on that 480 is 3-9. Mack

gwat

Putting on skis
Skier
Can anyone confirm what lengths the G9 came in?
I can't see a length on these, it must be under the Deflex plate. They seem 207ish, could be a cm or two either way...

Attachments

• IMG_1881.JPG
    IMG_1881.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 30

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Can anyone confirm what lengths the G9 came in?
I can't see a length on these, it must be under the Deflex plate. They seem 207ish, could be a cm or two either way...
For some reason 208 is sticking in my head with these.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
On my G9's (different top sheets) the length is on the top sheet in front of the toe pieces, at mid ski and aft of the heel pieces.
Mine are 203's.

See post #24 in this thread.

gwat

Putting on skis
Skier
210s mounted with a 'modern' binding, tuned and ready to rip

Attachments

• IMG_1884.JPG
    IMG_1884.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 26

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A Dynastar trifecta! Mint condition 207 Course GS, poles and a bag. Bonus Forza racing din 7-15, original mounts. My boots just fit the bindings.:golfclap:

View attachment 45643
Needs the green/black Forza's...but you knew that. Dollars to donuts you have a pair your can swap on to these skis.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Needs the green/black Forza's...but you knew that. Dollars to donuts you have a pair your can swap on to these skis.

Yep! Absolutely. But would hate to take them off the Hexcels because of the special epoxy mount procedure. It would be safer to take them off the apple green 4S if I wanted to put them back on later.. Or I could just be patient and look for another pair of green (as if I was not doing that already).

gwat

Putting on skis
Skier
Joal, those are both unreal setups!
I've got a spare set of green Forzas, would trade for yellow, gunmetal or the yellow/black Tombas from ~96.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Joal, those are both unreal setups!
I've got a spare set of green Forzas, would trade for yellow, gunmetal or the yellow/black Tombas from ~96.

Thanks, nice to know but I will sit tight for a bit.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.