• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
005.JPG
009.JPG

TS
LeVieuxCrouton

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
Well ....
I went surfing in Kennebunk , Maine , last week and I found , in a second hand store , this tile !

I grabbed it right away , for sure . It was $2.00 and there was a 50% off sale so the tile cost me $1.00

It is 6 in x 6 in and you see what is written on the back . Two holes for hanging . Made by hand , uneven : you can see it was shaped over a piece of canvas that is still showing .

Now , what is it ?
I think it could have been made as a skiing trophy at the end of the 1960 .
The time would be in synch with the art .
I looked at the address : it is now an empty lot and it has been empty for a few decades .
I googled the name and there was someone born in 1912 living there by that name . Impossible to find when he died but I have not checked further .

As you probably know , I have no talent in photography ... but the colors and the lines are sharp and very well made .

Someone knows anything about that piece , let me know .
It was a fantastic find crowning a very good surfing trip in Maine .

TS
LeVieuxCrouton

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
I checked against my Yamaha All Around II and they are pretty similar to the HD .
The HD are older ... screwed on , segmented edges ... the top is cheaper looking ... but the overall look is better because of the blue line coloring the perimeter of the skis .
Could they be a brand acquired by Yamaha ?

Impossible to find info on the web . But I do not read Japanese : maybe somewhere ??

Anyway I like my find a lot !
They will stay in my personal museum .

Too bad the bindings are for smaller boots than my own . It would have been a pleasure to ski on them tomorrow !

TS
LeVieuxCrouton

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
The Munari 1967 that I got with the Fisher RTL I bought last weekend .... more on that tomorrow as I will be skiing them in a few minutes .

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Ah. Tell me about that Tyrolia Rocket toe/ Clix heel variant. I don't think I know any toes that shape that didn't have the 1-2-3 indicator. The heels also don't have the little scribed circle to tell left and right ski, guessing they're older than the US release of the Heelrocket.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Ah. Tell me about that Tyrolia Rocket toe/ Clix heel variant. I don't think I know any toes that shape that didn't have the 1-2-3 indicator. The heels also don't have the little scribed circle to tell left and right ski, guessing they're older than the US release of the Heelrocket.

Makes sense especially based on the ski brand variation no one around here seems to know much about.

As for the art at the top, I'm guessing it's just that.. an art project, maybe even a kid's school kilm project. Seems too "artsy" and crude to be an actual skiing trophy from anything serious..

TS
LeVieuxCrouton

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
Remember that ''crude'' was ''in '' in the '70 : too much sophistication was seen as grandfatherish .... But you could be right ... probably so ...
For the Clix , more pictures later .
I must admit that I am probably the worst photographer in the hemisphere ... second to the worst surfer in my very big country ...

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
TBH I had in mind a date of '66 or so - and I reckon pretty much all Japanese industrial manufacture of that era was describable as 'crude'.

TS
LeVieuxCrouton

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
003.JPG
004.JPG
006.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG

As bad as ever with a camera ....

Anyway , as promised , here are pictures of the binding on the HD Japanese skis .

Rain this evening ... no way to go to the local ski hill . Well , there is indoor climbing ... the advantage of having more than one passion !

TS
LeVieuxCrouton

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
Found two days ago ...
I was looking for old skis when a lady enter the store holding that ... she wanted to give it away !
I bought it immediatly !!
$12.00

Rhe fact is it was made 40 years ago in a renowned forge in a small village in the province , a forge that closed down 30 years ago ...
Look at the work !
The thing is worth much , much , more than $12 ... those interested , please call my son when I die
009.JPG
013.JPG
011.JPG
012.JPG
... he is not a skier ... as it is , as long as I live , I will keep it !!

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 3

Sponsor

Staff online