• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I wll add, using a heated boot bag allows you to start the day with a boot thats warm in the core, extending the day a bit.

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
Cold toes are no fun. Last season I purchased a pair of the Lenz heated ski sock. Bought the thinnest version they offered. I had to send them back due to their being just thick enough to cause my feet to go numb in the boot. I never took them out on the slopes; only tried them on for awhile in the condo (up at Jackson) to see if they would indeed fit . I suspected they would not help me out since they were not thin enough.

This year I am headed up to Big Sky, and boy, would I love to have some warm toes ALL DAY LONG. Now I will have to think about those boot heaters. But again, I wonder if even those would add too much volume in my itty bitty boot. (Low volume, 21.5)

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Cold toes are no fun. Last season I purchased a pair of the Lenz heated ski sock. Bought the thinnest version they offered. I had to send them back due to their being just thick enough to cause my feet to go numb in the boot. I never took them out on the slopes; only tried them on for awhile in the condo (up at Jackson) to see if they would indeed fit . I suspected they would not help me out since they were not thin enough.

This year I am headed up to Big Sky, and boy, would I love to have some warm toes ALL DAY LONG. Now I will have to think about those boot heaters. But again, I wonder if even those would add too much volume in my itty bitty boot. (Low volume, 21.5)

Regardless of brand of heated footbed, the heating element and wiring are wafer thin and should not affect fit at all.

One trick that I have heard about but have not tried is for people who have feet that sweat and then get cold; spray your feet with antiperspirant deodorant.

PTskier

Been goin' downhill for years....
Pass Pulled
shopping
Boot Glove neoprene foam boot covers are a half-step before electric heated insoles or socks. One woman I ski with needs Boot Gloves over her boots with Hotronic heaters. About US$30 for the Boot Gloves. There might be other brands, all about the same benefit. Surefoot has the same thing with their own label.

A friend with Hotronic heaters had them damaged by the rail on the chair lift hitting the back of his boots and breaking the wire or knocking off the battery. Get them installed in positions where this can't happen.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
If her feet are cold in BC, then boot gloves aren't enough....been there!!

Battery packs should be installed off to the outside of the boot. I've a liftee friend that I see for new batteries every year!!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
On a really cold day, for most people a Boot Glove will allow you to ski one more run before you need to come in to warm up compared to no Boot Glove.

garylk

Booting up
Skier
I've had Hotronics in my boots for close to 20 years, otherwise I would have had to quit skiing.

If you watch e-bay for a while, you can usually find them brand-new for right around half price, especially if you can live with the previous generation.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don’t know so much about those boot glove things, what did the one guy say ; you can take one more run.
I would seriously think about leaving Antarctica and come live with the beautiful people.

PTskier

Been goin' downhill for years....
Pass Pulled
The boot gloves are all I need for a cold day. On that same day, my buddy Mike needs his Hotronics. Our friend Carolyn, riding the same chair with us, needs her Hotronics plus Boot Gloves. It's personal preference. I'm good in my Free The Powder gloves. Mike is in electrically heated gloves. Carolyn is in electrically heated mittens. Whatever works....

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Another vote for Hotronics. I've always mounted on the front attached to the front of Booster strap (shin mount). No issues there w/ chair, or when you wipe out and bash the inside or outside of your boot. I use the metal clips not the plastic mounting mechanism, then you can change them from boot to boot w/o hassle.

Upgrade from the initial gray ones. The newer versions stay hotter, longer and are much more efficient and charge w/in 15 min.Use w/ a boot glove and say bye bye to cold feet........... for that sauna feel like @Philpug says, add in a heated boot bag.......... forget skiing just go sit in the lodge w/ a hot tottie and toasty feet:beercheer:!!!

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have Sidas boot heaters. They are similar to Hotronics, but the battery seems more streamlined. Function is the same. I would not be able to ski without boot heaters....they are well worth the investment!

Sponsor

Staff online